Can't emphasize enough...Locktite locktite locktite

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Jocapass

Can't emphasize enough...Locktite locktite locktite

Post by Jocapass »

Shooting my 380 Matrix this summer, I can't emphasize enough "locktite" every screw. With the extreme power of the powerful bows, screws will loosen. I'm not sure why Excalibur sends theses out of the factory without thread locker on each and every screw, I just don't know. But to all new Excalibur owners as well as previous owners, take time and thread lock all screws before hunting season. You won't ever have issues with accuracy in the field, if you do.
My 380 is so rock solid tight and accurate, my shooting buddies will not let me shoot the target with their arrows in it, even at 40 yards. This has to be the most accurate bow that I've ever owned and I've been an Excalibut owner for over 15 years. On a side note, I use the C2 cocker on every shot and even during hunting season. I'm actually quicker with the C2, then my son using a rope cocker on my older Vortex. This provides the extreme accuracy that I'm looking for.
Boo

Re: Can't emphasize enough...Locktite locktite locktite

Post by Boo »

I only use loctite on the limb and limb recoil bracket bolts. All the other fasteners get none.
Ever wonder why your wheel bolts keep your wheels on without loctite?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Normous

Post by Normous »

I only use a small dab of Loctite on the 4 small scope mount screws only since owning my first of many Excalibur's since 1991. I might add that I can't recall any other fastener loosening when tightened correctly.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Jocapass

Post by Jocapass »

I beleive that having two dissimilar metals expanding and contracting at different rates as they heat up and cool down cause the issue with loosening of the fasteners.
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

I must be living right. I've had the beast for six years now and hav'nt had one screw come loose. Mine you, checking for loose screws is a part of my weekly routine when I lube the old girl. If I do find one I will use the wifes clear nail polish. The only loose screw I have is the one in my head. :wink:
Hank
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Sorry maby its from owning a couple of harleys im paranoid. ...i put that sh $$$t on everything.!
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

longbow joe wrote:Sorry maby its from owning a couple of harleys im paranoid. ...i put that sh $$$t on everything.!
EXCEPT... Blue Bell! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Actually I don't use loctite at all. I use 100% silicone caulk. Nothing vibrates loose, but you can take screws out easily.

Post by newbie »

flightattendant100 wrote:
longbow joe wrote:Sorry maby its from owning a couple of harleys im paranoid. ...i put that sh $$$t on everything.!
EXCEPT... Blue Bell! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Actually I don't use loctite at all. I use 100% silicone caulk. Nothing vibrates loose, but you can take screws out easily.
I started doing this to my scope mount screws when i couldnt keep my Matrix 355 scope tight. works great
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Gunshop locally here will tell you not to use Loc-tite even tho he makes money replacing screws that are stripped.I use clear fingernail polish..
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

I just make a point of checking all fastners for tightness every other time I shoot and prior to any hunting trips. Never had one come loose yet.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Hunt it wrote:I just make a point of checking all fastners for tightness every other time I shoot and prior to any hunting trips. Never had one come loose yet.
You're a smart man Dave.
Some people just like stepping on rakes

Post by newbie »

Boo wrote:
Hunt it wrote:I just make a point of checking all fastners for tightness every other time I shoot and prior to any hunting trips. Never had one come loose yet.
You're a smart man Dave.
no no no.....its not the right way.
we need something to blame when we miss that big 10 when he shows his horns :wink:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Tom

Post by Tom »

newbie wrote:
Boo wrote:
You're a smart man Dave.
no no no.....its not the right way.
we need something to blame when we miss that big 10 when he shows his horns :wink:
Is that why you claimed to have lost your arrows, were you trying to claim someone tampered with them.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Ekkie

Post by Ekkie »

I've said it before and I'll say it again here now: In most cases, Loctite is a band-aid for poor design. I'd rather see a design where a nylock nut was used instead. It won't vibrate loose, and you won't get threads stripping out of aluminum, either.

~E

Post by newbie »

Tom wrote:
Is that why you claimed to have lost your arrows, were you trying to claim someone tampered with them.

Tom
I dont know what you mean..... i never lost my arrows. 8)
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads