Scope option for soon to be here BD400!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bigrak

Scope option for soon to be here BD400!

Post by bigrak »

I'm looking for options on what's out there for comparable scopes to the Hawke XB30 sr pro which I already have one on my 405. I like the reticle feature out to 100yd. Really don't want to use a HHA optimizer.
Does any other good scopes go to 100 yds.? No shops around here to check things out.... :(
Thanks.
Matrix 405 Mega, Hawke XB30 SR Pro
trigger tech, Dr Stirrup ' Tac Pac
BEE 20" 429gr. NAP spitfires 100gr. Ignitors
BD400 XB30 SR PRO DR. Stirrup.
New 420TD Assassin
Normous

Re: Scope option for soon to be here BD400!

Post by Normous »

Check out the "Mid range scope options" thread just below and if you wallet is fatter check out the crossbow scopes by Zeiss and Vortex for long range shooting. There are many threads on the subject to search.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
bigrak

Post by bigrak »

Normous wrote:Check out the "Mid range scope options" thread just below and if you wallet is fatter check out the crossbow scopes by Zeiss and Vortex for long range shooting. There are many threads on the subject to search.
I checked the thread, but it doesn't seem to be any with reticles out to 100yds. posted.
Thanks.
New 420TD Assassin
Boo

Post by Boo »

bigrak wrote:
Normous wrote:Check out the "Mid range scope options" thread just below and if you wallet is fatter check out the crossbow scopes by Zeiss and Vortex for long range shooting. There are many threads on the subject to search.
I checked the thread, but it doesn't seem to be any with reticles out to 100yds. posted.
Thanks.
When you find one, let me know and I'll buy one too!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
bigrak

Post by bigrak »

Boo wrote:
bigrak wrote:
Thanks.
When you find one, let me know and I'll buy one too!
The Hawke XB 30 sr pro.....
I would like to try another brand.
New 420TD Assassin
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

Yep, Hawk SRPro is way to go on 400. I have the Vortex XBR on the 380 and tried it on 400 but it's too big a scope for BD in my opinion. The Hawk is shorter and allows me to shoot out to 100yrds no problem. Otherwise Optimizer and any scope you like are only other options. If Leupold would just lite up the cross bones and give a couple more distance lines it would be the go too xbow scope.
SEW

Post by SEW »

I'd try to hold off for a little bit. There's something on the horizon. I don't know what it is but have been advised to hold off on any purchases. I'd given Zeiss 3 major change suggestions for the XB75 which may be being considered by another company. ( It appears Zeiss didn't enjoy its first experience with xbow specific scopes. But what a great reticle it has!!) I'd posted these recommended changes on this forum.
Zeiss is a great company but functions much slower than we westerners like.
I don't know what company or any other details but was told to hold off any purchases.

I love Zeiss: Duralyt 2-8/Optimizer on BD400 & M405, XB75 on M380. I personally wish Zeiss would just incorporate those changes into the XB75: heavier duplex reticle, firefly type reticle, 100 yds with single #s for 20-90 yds and a "10" for 100.

The optimum scope (for me) would have ranges to 100 yds, med or larger duplex, Firefly type lighted reticle, single #s for 20-100 yds (2 for 20yds, not 20), 50 yd parallex, mid to high level glass, 30mm, as short as practical while maintaining good optical qualities, 325-450'/sec (yes, speeds will continue to increase), 3.5-4 power at mid to upper speed range (yes, I'm a longer range hunter), and cost ceiling of appx $400.
SEW

Post by SEW »

The average xbow costs more than the average rifle. Xbows are replaced more often than rifles. Scopes on rifles are frequently more expensive than xbow scopes generally bought. Something seems inconsistent here.
It's the misconception that shorter ranges don't require as high a level of glass.
Dominic

Post by Dominic »

http://www.arrowinapple.com/accessories/sb/scopes/
i don't know if this scope is available in us/canada. This scope work great on my micro 355. I can aim from 10 till 90 meters (~100yards) with a 3,5x zoom.
Micro Bulldog 335
Micro 308 Short
BD 330
Woodstock 342 (Matrix)
Matrix 355 with 310 Riser
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Seems to only exist in Europe. Sites I seen were In German, Don, maybe you need to go on a European vacation to check one out :wink:
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone