Titanium screw set.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

kman35ca

Titanium screw set.

Post by kman35ca »

Anyone know if there is any Canadian retailers that sell that titanium screw set for a matrix 380. Or even a set made out of harder steel? With the can dollar where it is it would probably be a good chunk of change to pay for shipping and get nailed with duty.
Matrix 380
Pretty stock, for now.....
First crossbow
Normous

Re: Titanium screw set.

Post by Normous »

I live in Canada and have ordered the full Excalibur titanium hardware replacement set twice from ti64.com and shipping though the Post to Canada was $21usd and no duties involved in such a small mail envelope that ti64 discreetly used. The shipping to the US was $9-10 I believe. So, don't let the extra $10 weigh you down.
No worries!

In all my research no other Titanium hardware could be found in Canada.

I believe Danny Miller in Ohio can ship the ti64 titanium kits discreet for you also. 740-483-2312

copy/paste:

http://www.ti64.com/category_s/110895.htm
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
janesy

Post by janesy »

Ok I'm well known for spending money irrationally BUT $69.99 US for the screws on my Micro?
You guys absolutely must be joking right?
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Normous

Post by Normous »

Naw, the way I see it the ti64 is well worth the cost for high end titanium custom hardware.

- a lighter front end is appreciated.
- ti64 made significant design improvements the 4 limb strap and scope mount screws using larger socket and button head screws, removing them is no longer a bugger up one time removal.
-titanium does not rust.
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
janesy

Post by janesy »

I do see all the reasons. I just don't see them as cost effective " benefits" yet. But give me time and I'll probably by two sets and a matching ball cap.

What kind of weight savings are we talking here?
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

Your wallet will be 1.229 lbs lighter :mrgreen:
Trentco1

Post by Trentco1 »

Hunt it wrote:Your wallet will be 1.229 lbs lighter :mrgreen:

You would seriously shave off a pound on ur crossbow using titanium screws?
Micro 355
Hawke xb30 pro scope T&T Triger boo force 10 string Zombie slayers 16.5 arrows c/w right helical blazer vanes aluminum nocks or lumenoks
Micro 315
Tact zone scope force 10 string 16" inch executioner arrows aluminum nocks or lumenoks
kman35ca

Post by kman35ca »

Normous wrote:I live in Canada and have ordered the full Excalibur titanium hardware replacement set twice from ti64.com and shipping though the Post to Canada was $21usd and no duties involved in such a small mail envelope that ti64 discreetly used. The shipping to the US was $9-10 I believe. So, don't let the extra $10 weigh you down.
No worries!

In all my research no other Titanium hardware could be found in Canada.

I believe Danny Miller in Ohio can ship the ti64 titanium kits discreet for you also. 740-483-2312

copy/paste:

http://www.ti64.com/category_s/110895.htm

Ok, thanks alot. Ya thats not that bad. Sometimes ya never know how much shipping and customs can hit ya buying from the States. Cheers!
Matrix 380
Pretty stock, for now.....
First crossbow
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

$69US + $21Us for shipping = $90US = $113 CDN = :shock: :shock: :shock:

High quality steel is more than strong enough for a Xbow, comparable in strength as Titanium, but obviously there is a weight difference between the two.

Norm, with Titanium bolts, you say the front end is lighter, do you know by how much ? Is it really that noticeable ?
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Trentco1

Post by Trentco1 »

So my question is, how much wight would my micro lose if I changed all the fasteners to tiatium?
Micro 355
Hawke xb30 pro scope T&T Triger boo force 10 string Zombie slayers 16.5 arrows c/w right helical blazer vanes aluminum nocks or lumenoks
Micro 315
Tact zone scope force 10 string 16" inch executioner arrows aluminum nocks or lumenoks
Trentco1

Post by Trentco1 »

[quote="Trentco1"]So my question is, how much wight would my micro lose if I changed all the fasteners titanium?
Micro 355
Micro 315
Normous

Post by Normous »

You could search the posts from "racking up points" for your weight saving ti64 question.
Most of the weight saving is noticed up front by replacing the large limb to riser screws, riser to mainframe screws and the limb strap screws.
Overall, the titanium kit will reduce the overall hardware weight by roughly 45% +/-.
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

The Ti kits aren't for everyone but to me, they are worth every penny. I have been pushing for these to be included with the flagship Excal bows...scorpyd does it! Why can't we?

The weight differences between Ti and steel are easy to discount, it's only about 2oz. It's where that weight is on your bow, (out front), that makes the weight loss more noticeable. But the fact they don't strip as easily, will never rust and are non standard fasteners, designed specifically for our Excalibur crossbows is the selling point. If you like to tinker, you'll eventually run into fastener issues and the Ti kits have made life much easier! I have a set on each of my bows and won't own a bow without a Ti kit.

I cannot confirm that Micro Gen 2s and Bulldog kits are being offered yet, so if you own one, your best bet is to contact Ti64.com if interested. I'm sure they could help.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Trentco1

Post by Trentco1 »

racking up points wrote:The Ti kits aren't for everyone but to me, they are worth every penny. I have been pushing for these to be included with the flagship Excal bows...scorpyd does it! Why can't we?

The weight differences between Ti and steel are easy to discount, it's only about 2oz. It's where that weight is on your bow, (out front), that makes the weight loss more noticeable. But the fact they don't strip as easily, will never rust and are non standard fasteners, designed specifically for our Excalibur crossbows is the selling point. If you like to tinker, you'll eventually run into fastener issues and the Ti kits have made life much easier! I have a set on each of my bows and won't own a bow without a Ti kit.

I cannot confirm that Micro Gen 2s and Bulldog kits are being offered yet, so if you own one, your best bet is to contact Ti64.com if interested. I'm sure they could help.
Great info.
Thanks!
Micro 355
Micro 315
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Thanks!
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone