Those with both the 380 and 400-Arra Query

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

steven in England

Re: Those with both the 380 and 400-Arra Query

Post by steven in England »

I also own the M380, M405, BD400 and agree with everything Steve has said. For me it makes more sense to stick with 18inch zombies and shoot the same bolt off all three bows rather than having different bolts for different bows. There is no doubt the BD400 would be a good fit with 19 -20 inch bolts.
I personally think the M405 was pulled out of production too soon and think it would have been fine with the modified riser and limbs. But that is just my opinion and I respect Excaliburs decision to pull it. In a weird sort of way the M405 is easier to cock than the BD400 due to the shorter power stroke. However, I have many other bows including the Micro, M310 and many of the older style bows and if I had to sell all my bows and only keep one it would be the BD400. For me the BD400 doe not excel in any one area it is just very very good in all the areas that I personally look for in a bow.
Steven
Steven in England
SEW

Post by SEW »

The Steves agree.

PS I lived in England also '75-'79 (Merton, Oxon, OXONB6). Stationed at RAF Upper Heyford. Went to Oxford Polytec (no!!, it's not part of Oxford Univ).
bigrak

Post by bigrak »

amythntr wrote:You just can't wait, can you?? :lol:
Me either. :P
Might bring the Fulmine Grande up to Maine on vacation with me....kind of a "get to know each other" vacation! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm thinking the same arrows could and would be used on both! :wink:

Anthony :)[/quote]

Maybe come up to my Maine deer camp in November and break it in on a monster buck!

Image[/quote]

....be careful what you offer....you might just have a visitor up there....first, because Maine is my second home, second because that Buck is what we call in the I-talian neighborhood a "BFB" (figure that out yourself :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: ) and thirdly to "break bread" and have the opportunity to hunt with a fellow Excal owner and forum member....thanks!

Anthony :)[/quote]

I'll be at camp second and third week of November, just pm me in advance if you want to plan on coming up.
Matrix 405 Mega, Hawke XB30 SR Pro
trigger tech, Dr Stirrup ' Tac Pac
BEE 20" 429gr. NAP spitfires 100gr. Ignitors
BD400 XB30 SR PRO DR. Stirrup.
New 420TD Assassin
Arrowflinger

Post by Arrowflinger »

Deerzilla 8)
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
SEW

Post by SEW »

Did you weigh that deer? I noticed you gutted the deer before the pictures were taken. :D
bigrak

Post by bigrak »

SEW wrote:Did you weigh that deer? I noticed you gutted the deer before the pictures were taken. :D
That deer was taken too far from a meat pole to weigh whole. It would have been to heavy for the canoe! :shock:
268 dressed.
Matrix 405 Mega, Hawke XB30 SR Pro
trigger tech, Dr Stirrup ' Tac Pac
BEE 20" 429gr. NAP spitfires 100gr. Ignitors
BD400 XB30 SR PRO DR. Stirrup.
New 420TD Assassin