NEED SOME HELP GUYS

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

confederate

Post by confederate »

Looks like thats what Im gonna have to do. Im sure something is moving. I was actually shooting this afternoon off a rifle bench rest to be sure. I went from 2 inch groups out to 30 yards to shooting high and then right. I must have shot 20 arrows before it moved.
Matrix 330
Micro Axe 340
gunner

Post by gunner »

If you shot 20 times before it moved it;s not the scope. It has to be the base and rings Gunner
confederate

Post by confederate »

Why is that gunner?
Matrix 330
Micro Axe 340
gunner

Post by gunner »

If it was the scope you wouldn;t get it sight in. It would just keep moving in the next shot or two Gunner
confederate

Post by confederate »

I cant find anything loose. I have twisted and pulled on the scope but cant make it move. All the screws are tight also.
Matrix 330
Micro Axe 340
BUCKSHOT

A suggestion

Post by BUCKSHOT »

If the bow is shooting accurately when you first set it up, I would suggest an idea which may help! When you first set your scope sights, gently tap the top of the scope three or four times. This will allow the scope to settle in before you shoot and shouldn't change, if the scope is not settled in before you shoot, you may get a few or maybe even twenty shots off accurately before it does settle, and change your placement!
It sounds like it was off, yet accurate as far as placement goes. The next time you set her up try this trick and you may save yourself the cost of a new scope! I learned this trick from a champion shooter, Good Luck!
Enjoy the Harvest!
peter p

Post by peter p »

Remove your scope from the base with the 2 base screws. Shake your scope and see if you here any rattling. If so it's defective.
When you put the scope back on, just set the scope in the base and tighten the base screws and your point of impact should be the same.
confederate

Post by confederate »

Emailed Bill T. He said if I was using a rope cocker and the point of impact kept moving then it was most likely the scope. I ran down this afternoon and bought a Varizone. I had to rush home to get some time in sighting it in. I sighted it in at 20 yards and it seemed to be shooting great. I am shooting an Exocet. I had it set on what I thought would be 310 fps. It was hitting 4 inches high at 30 yds. I moved it to a little over half way between 300 and 325 to get it hitting. I shot about 15 shots at 30 to verify. The sight didnt move. I moved back to 20 to check since I moved the ajustment ring to get it hitting at 30. It was hitting about 1/12 inches low at 20. I moved it up to dead center then shot 10 shots or so to be sure. I didnt recheck it at 30 to see what it was doing then. Anyway the scope seemed to be holding its zero. The season opens here in Ga. Tomorrow. I hope to get a shot this weekend.. I feel pretty good about the scope being the problem but I need to shoot it a lot more to build my confidence in it. I shot at least 50 shots this afternoon and it was holding 2 inches out to 30 yards. I hope it will continue.
Matrix 330
Micro Axe 340
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Ya got it confederate not to worry just go get that DEER.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
gunner

Post by gunner »

CONGRATULATIONS CONFEDERATE :P on getting your bow to work properly again. I never heard of one shooting off like that after 20 shoots unless it was the scope or rings.

GUNNER
confederate

Post by confederate »

Yall keep your fingers crossed. Even though I shot 50 shots or so this afternoon and it did well, Im still a little leary. Before it would be on one day and off the next. I would shoot 15 shots and it would start moving. I will be shooting it for the next few days regular to see what it does. Thanks for all the help.
Matrix 330
Micro Axe 340
Don

Post by Don »

Are you sighting in from a rest or freehand?

Don :lol:
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

I suggest you hunt with the fiber optic. They work just fine for the bow out to 40 yds. There must be somthing wrong with the scope. I had a bad scope that had a leaky seal and Excalibur was really quick to replace it. Just call them, they sent me one in 3 days. I never installed the new scope . After killing three deer with the fiber optic, I love the open sights. They especially work well in the rain, when a scope would be fogged up.

Deadeye
Blood make's the grass grow, Owh-ay!
confederate

Post by confederate »

Im shooting off a rifle rest thats really steady.
Matrix 330
Micro Axe 340