Gold tip or fire bolt

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

billnconnie

Gold tip or fire bolt

Post by billnconnie »

I know I know
Another arrows question, My phoenix came with 4 fire bolts, and
I purchased a single GT swift (396) at walmart.
The GT shot the 3 broadheads (slick trick mag, G5 striker, Rage 2 blade xbow)that I have the best.
Should I go with the GT or stay with the fire bolts and try a heavier broad head?
Point of impact is the same with the 2 arrows if the 150gr. field point is placed in the fire bolt.
All the broad heads are 100gr. and field point in Gt is 100gr also.
Thanks for the help.
Bill
vixenmaster

Re: Gold tip or fire bolt

Post by vixenmaster »

If'en the GT's shoot the best go wid'em
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

Zombies :lol:
I use the Executioners I have for target practice all summer, then switch to the Zombies before hunting season starts. As the executioners grow old I will replace them with Zombies. The Zombies seem to work well with any set-up and are very accurate. The Executioners are accurate as well, but I like the Zombies a little more. :mrgreen:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
galamb

Post by galamb »

The fire bolts are (were) simply the C3's from Easton.

I tried many different arrows with my Vix II (firebolts were too light for my liking, even with a heavier broadhead) and finally settled on Horton's Bone Collectors which came in at about 409 grains with a 100 grain broadhead.

Of course once everything is working fine Horton goes bankrupt and I go looking for another arrow.

The GT Laser II's were the closest I could find - been shooting them for a good number of years now and couldn't be happier. The come in at about 394 grains (110 grain insert and 100 grain broadhead).

The Laser series is gone, but the Ballistics are almost the same as the Laser 2's and will be what I try when my supply of L2's is all gone (stocked up though and have three dozen) :)
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
billnconnie

Post by billnconnie »

Thanks to everyone that responded looks like I'll be trying some GTs. Now half moon or flat nocks?
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

billnconnie wrote:Thanks to everyone that responded looks like I'll be trying some GTs. Now half moon or flat nocks?
Excalibur recommends flat nocks. :)
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

flat nocks!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

galamb wrote:The fire bolts are (were) simply the C3's from Easton.

I tried many different arrows with my Vix II (firebolts were too light for my liking, even with a heavier broadhead) and finally settled on Horton's Bone Collectors which came in at about 409 grains with a 100 grain broadhead.

Of course once everything is working fine Horton goes bankrupt and I go looking for another arrow.

The GT Laser II's were the closest I could find - been shooting them for a good number of years now and couldn't be happier. The come in at about 394 grains (110 grain insert and 100 grain broadhead).

The Laser series is gone, but the Ballistics are almost the same as the Laser 2's and will be what I try when my supply of L2's is all gone (stocked up though and have three dozen) :)
I use GT BALLISTICS ,110 gr brass insert ,100 gr heads,weight 395 grs..6 arrows tyd for 78 dollars...Will shoot tight group at 50 yards..