Reasons we sold Prior Excals ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Reasons we sold Prior Excals ?

Post by vixenmaster »

I curious as why we do things that come back to bite us in the butt!
I maybe one of the worst offenders on the Forum on the sellin n buyin. My dumb reasons Speed, smaller over all, too long power stroke on short arms. Too heavy n so on. I have regrets on sellin several of mine, wish i had the funds to replace them
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Doe Master
Site Admin

Re: Reasons we sold Prior Excals ?

Post by Doe Master »

I have only ever sold one . She was a exomag with carved tips . Sold it to fund my 380 . :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Hmmmm, I traded an old max to buy my M380 and sold a brand new nox i bought because it was such a great deal. I pieced three more bows together with custom anodizing, custom stock, and Y25 stocks. And now, I somehow have number five on the way to me by way of Jeff sending his micro 355 to a loving new home! Sell them, heck Mike, I'm now trying to figure out how to stop adding to them....and let me tell you, Mr. Boo has been no help at all. Then Anthony adding to the stable after swearing up and down he was done! Well, have you ever been going hunting or fishing at around five AM on a weekend and saw a neighbor's daughter walking home all disheveled wearing clothes obviously worn the previous evening? ....seems I'm now doing the shooter's walk of shame! :oops: :cry: :lol:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

paulaboutform wrote:Hmmmm, I traded an old max to buy my M380 and sold a brand new nox i bought because it was such a great deal. I pieced three more bows together with custom anodizing, custom stock, and Y25 stocks. And now, I somehow have number five on the way to me by way of Jeff sending his micro 355 to a loving new home! Sell them, heck Mike, I'm now trying to figure out how to stop adding to them....and let me tell you, Mr. Boo has been no help at all. Then Anthony adding to the stable after swearing up and down he was done! Well, have you ever been going hunting or fishing at around five AM on a weekend and saw a neighbor's daughter walking home all disheveled wearing clothes obviously worn the previous evening? ....seems I'm now doing the shooter's walk of shame! :oops: :cry: :lol:

Paul
No problem Paul. I know the Micro 355 will like BC better than Ontario.. :)

I blame it on Excalibur. If they would stop coming out with better bows I wouldn't have a need for a change..lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
SEW

Post by SEW »

I have yet to sell an Excal, but I haven't been in this game as long as most of you.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:
paulaboutform wrote:Hmmmm, I traded an old max to buy my M380 and sold a brand new nox i bought because it was such a great deal. I pieced three more bows together with custom anodizing, custom stock, and Y25 stocks. And now, I somehow have number five on the way to me by way of Jeff sending his micro 355 to a loving new home! Sell them, heck Mike, I'm now trying to figure out how to stop adding to them....and let me tell you, Mr. Boo has been no help at all. Then Anthony adding to the stable after swearing up and down he was done! Well, have you ever been going hunting or fishing at around five AM on a weekend and saw a neighbor's daughter walking home all disheveled wearing clothes obviously worn the previous evening? ....seems I'm now doing the shooter's walk of shame! :oops: :cry: :lol:

Paul

I blame it on Excalibur. If they would stop coming out with better bows I wouldn't have a need for a change..lol
I don't know about better. I really think that M380 is about the perfect all around bo. But, aadding the micro 355 will give me something from each generation. That's my story and I'm stickin to it! :wink:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....The only bow I really sold was one I bought and never shot....Monco Morto the IBEX...now residing safely in the arms of Longbowjoe...I am told that he is giving him the proper loving I just could not!

Anthony :)

PS....However, JellyBelly might be on the chopping block when I get Fulmine Grande up and running and I might someday have sellers remorse since she was my first baby! :cry: :cry:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Sold a Vortex to buy the Matrix 355 in '13 using a Dunham's Sports 30% off coupon, which I received another 30% off coupon today. The M355 size and speed suits me well. Can't remember the last deer I took past 20 yards with any kind of bow? I'm done, I think the M355 is equivalent to the Vortex, bullet proof no issues here...
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
Eck

Post by Eck »

A college chum stopped by Sunday AM to pick up my trusty old Exo Mag, is going to shoot it a bit and see if he wants to keep it. If he decides to keep it, it'll be the first one I've let go.

With my new "Boofest" 330, I couldn't see keeping the old guy, along with the Micro and the 380.

It took me awhile to get on the "Matrix" bandwagon, but they are nice.
Micro 335
Matrix 380
Boofest 2016 Matrix 330
Trigger Techs all around
125 gr. QAD Exodus (Micro) 100 gr Slicks otherwise
Strings by Vixenmaster
Arrows by Xcaliber
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

I have only sold one bow and not sure why :shock: Must of been having a bad day :lol: ! Sold it to one of Outbacks kids and have no regrets making a kid happy!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen

Post by newbie »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:

Paul

how did i miss this one for sale?
Paul you bugger! :mrgreen:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

Sold a Vortex to buy the Matrix 355. Never looked back, glad I did it. The Matrix 355 is deadly! Love it :D
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I started off in 96 wid a E'cet 165 carved tip limbs. I kept it til 05 when i sold it to buy the new Phoenix. Then i traded the Phoenix fer the E'cet. Then i bought a 98 vixen, then i sold the E'cet n bought anudder Vixen, an anudder an anudder n so on. I bought a E'max n it was really long on power stroke n i sold it, n got anudder Vixen n bought a 165 from Boo. 2 yrs ago i had a terrible brain fart n sold every Vixen i had to fund my buyin spree of newer model Excals n the rest is history wid several regrets along the way. My latest is i let my cuz talk me out of my 165 last yr. :(
I still have Captain Morgan n still waitin on Awshucks to come Home. I am very sure i had it better when i had most of my Vixen's
Half Bubble Off BD360

longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Wow vixer thats a lotta bows. Im afraid to shoot a dog because i might want one. Actually my 355 is plenty fast enough for me .I really seem to enjoy target shooting with the vixen 2 n the new ibex there both extremely accurate i wanted to get a turkey with the vixen it just happened that the one day i brought the 355 one finally came in.maby the vix will get a big buck for me this fall
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

longbow joe wrote:Wow vixer thats a lotta bows. Im afraid to shoot a dog because i might want one. Actually my 355 is plenty fast enough for me .I really seem to enjoy target shooting with the vixen 2 n the new ibex there both extremely accurate i wanted to get a turkey with the vixen it just happened that the one day i brought the 355 one finally came in.maby the vix will get a big buck for me this fall
Yes sir its a bad addiction n it will lead the Baldness! Yup cause when you getstid done pullin all yer hair out fer doin dumb things all yer hair is gone n yer Bald! I do have the option of buyin back my last 165 from my Cuz n i told him that it were mine to buy when n if'en he sells it
Half Bubble Off BD360