Lumenocks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

jody5252

Lumenocks

Post by jody5252 »

Greetings... Installed lumenocks on my 2219"s last season. Shot all arrows with these nocks. I had a few erratic shots, (3 shots out of approximately 40 shots) checked to be sure that nock was fully seated against string, as always. It was a different arrow each time, so I know that it was not a bad arrow. All the other shots were right on the money... The only thing that I thought might cause it was the switches on the nocks. Is it possible that the switch could lift up the arrow enough to cause the string to slip under nock?
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
BrotherRon

Re: Lumenocks

Post by BrotherRon »

Check you scope mount screws and your trigger mount screws.
It was the trigger mount screws that caused a similar problem for me. ;)
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
Phillyarcher

Post by Phillyarcher »

I bought some and installed on the factory arrows that came with the Vortex package which were fire bolt carbon arrows. Lost one arrow heat made stress crack. Really took my time on the next ones. Did not like how they seated but they shot ok with a little adjustments. Like brother Ron said check all your screws. On my Micro 335 I bought them already on the arrows and have had no problems so far. They cost around $50.00 per three. I think it's well worth it. Good luck with arrows.
Excal Vortex
Excal Micro 335
NAP Spitfire Max 125 grain
Hawke XB Pro 30 SR
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

No problems here. My beef is the wear and tear from using pliers to turn them off. I made this from a k_itchen fork and works fairly well[URL=http://s1129.photobucket.com/user/hanke ... 1.jpg.html]Image
Hank
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

I push on them with my thumb and they turn off alright...
sometimes it takes a couple tries though.
I don't use them for practice = Another member told me to pick up a couple set screws from the hardware store and it worked great :)
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

Cannot really say that I had any problems with them turning off and on. A few shakes and they turned on. One other thing to check, after they have been on the arrow for awhile, (nocks) is to check the end of the shaft for indentations. You can smooth them out with an arrow squaring tool...
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks