Micro 335 broadhead suggestions..

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bowmajik

Re: Micro 335 broadhead suggestions..

Post by bowmajik »

Definitely stick with a 150gn broadhead if you're going to use the quill arrows. If you ever change out the arrows I'd reccomend zombie slayers cut to about 15.5 inches with a brass insert up front and 125gn broadheads (I'm using slick trick magnums). I'm getting UNREAL accuracy not of that setup, Consistently shooting dime sized groups off a rest out to 35-40 yards! Lost a quill arrow to a zombie slayer liken that today proving a point of how well the combo works out of my 335.
335 Micro Nightmare
150 grain boltcutters
100 grain Toxic's
125 grain slicktrick magnum's
Deer,Bear, Turkey
Big John 16in zombie slayers +lumeknock and blazers(289gn)
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

I got my Micro bolts from Wyvern. 16.5" Gold Tip Laser II with 2" Blazer vanes using 100 gr Carbon Express XT4 broadheads gives me a total weight of 377 grains.
Phillyarcher

Post by Phillyarcher »

What I shoot out of my 335 Micro is stocked quills and I also bought some with Lumenok already installed. The broadheads I shoot is NAP Spitfire Max 125 grain regular and the new crossbow models. I have had great success with them and the quills. When I run out of the Quills I will get some of the better arrows that everyone seems to like.
Excal Vortex
Excal Micro 335
NAP Spitfire Max 125 grain
Hawke XB Pro 30 SR
acreek

Post by acreek »

Just a cautionary note. Someone previously mentioned buying broadheads on eBay at a huge discount. There are a lot of Chinese knockoffs floating around out there in packaging that looks extremely similar to the real deal. There was an article published by the ATA awhile back and it was alarming. A lot of these Chinese heads use cheap metals and parts that ultimately fail, causing consumers to then blame the brand name. Many times the legit manufacturer doesn't even know there are knockoffs out there until they get a warranty claim and they inspect the failed product. Remember the saying, if it's too good to be true it probably is.