Micro 335 broadhead suggestions..

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Big Pard

Micro 335 broadhead suggestions..

Post by Big Pard »

I just ordered a Micro 335 and see it comes with 150gr field points. I was wondering which broadhead have shown to perform well with this xbow.
Micro 335
Dead Zone Scope
Vixenmaster String
Munch Mount
Zombie Slayers
100gr Slick Trick
longbow joe

Re: Micro 335 broadhead suggestions..

Post by longbow joe »

The ram cat seems to be a very popular fixed head that flys great .the slick trick is a proven fixed blade i like any of the nap products especially the spitfire max expandable dont overlook the excalibur boltcutter also your gonna get a hundred suggestions im sure. we love debating broadheads on the forum honestly if the head is accurate for you and it gives you confidence use it thats what counts. Lbj ps (dont buy a head made in china )
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Big Pard

Post by Big Pard »

Well I was also wondering since I plan on using the factory bolts (ones that came with it) should I stay with 150gr heads or will 100/125gr heads have enough weight forward to fly right.
Micro 335
Dead Zone Scope
Vixenmaster String
Munch Mount
Zombie Slayers
100gr Slick Trick
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

If your using the factory quills your best accuracy is gonna be with a heavier head i would go no lower than a 125 grain . I personally would use something more towards 150 such as a boltcuttter or a 150 grain slick trick. South shore archery sells a variety of brass inserts and there cheap simply changing up to a 85 grain brass insert will allow you to use any 100 or 125 grain head you want and opens up hundreds of options . When you put a luminock on a bolt with a light head accuracy will suffer even more theres also some heavy expandables out there such as a foc and dead ringer your bow has plenty or power for a big expandable so thats an option also .my micro seems to love weight up front i shoot a 125 head with a 110 brass insert its the best combo i have found especially on a windy crappy day like we sometimes hunt on.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

longbow joe wrote:The ram cat seems to be a very popular fixed head that flys great .the slick trick is a proven fixed blade i like any of the nap products especially the spitfire max expandable dont overlook the excalibur boltcutter also your gonna get a hundred suggestions im sure. we love debating broadheads on the forum honestly if the head is accurate for you and it gives you confidence use it thats what counts. Lbj ps (dont buy a head made in china )
For my Micro 315 I am testing.

Ram cats 100gr

Exodus 100gr

Executioner 100gr

BTW the Ram Cats are made in Taiwan...:)

Exodus and Executioner are made in the USA...
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Big Pard

Post by Big Pard »

I kinda wanted to shoot the 100gr Ramcats since I have heard nothing but good reviews. Is there a link to a site where I may purchase 6 or 12 custom arrows that have the correct weighted insert for 100/125gr heads
Micro 335
Dead Zone Scope
Vixenmaster String
Munch Mount
Zombie Slayers
100gr Slick Trick
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

NAP Thunderhead's work great for a very good price I might add. I keep going back to them, never failed me!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

If you use Quills go with BOLTCUTTERS ..They were rated no.1 in tests using Quills..If you buy other arrows I like old 20 year old design SPITFIRES ..They are going down in price do to new Nap points coming out I saw them on e bay for 27 dollars tyd others are 33 to 40 bucks ...At wal-mart the Spitfires old design are always sold out and new design sits there with Rage points getting dusty ...Difference in way the new Nap points look and fly they are just not as compact as the old spitfire design ...

I think most had same opinion above ...
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Well spect i will wade in here up to my knees :lol: Fixed B'heads that have shown very good Huntin accuracy thru the yrs. Magnus Stingers, SlickTricks,Boltcutters, Strikers are some of them. Mech. Spitfire's, Swackers, Hammerheads,Ramcats n a few more. Keep yer arrow weight up on the + side of 350gr n you should find some good combo's. I like 400gr on up as a personal choice
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

They do indeed make a 125 grain ramcat i think you can get awat wit it. With the stock quills.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Big Pard wrote:I kinda wanted to shoot the 100gr Ramcats since I have heard nothing but good reviews. Is there a link to a site where I may purchase 6 or 12 custom arrows that have the correct weighted insert for 100/125gr heads
You can get factory Black Eagle Arrows from Danny Miller at Horizontal Archery in Sardis, Ohio or you can contact Jerry at South Shore Archery to make up some arrows for you. Or you can buy an Arizona Rim E-Z Fletch Bolt fletching jig, epoxy, and components to make your own arrows and you'd get plenty of advice and coaching on doing this right here on the forum.
Your best choice with the factory arrows is the heavier points. They come like that for a reason.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

vixenmaster wrote:Well spect i will wade in here up to my knees :lol: Fixed B'heads that have shown very good Huntin accuracy thru the yrs. Magnus Stingers, SlickTricks,Boltcutters, Strikers are some of them. Mech. Spitfire's, Swackers, Hammerheads,Ramcats n a few more. Keep yer arrow weight up on the + side of 350gr n you should find some good combo's. I like 400gr on up as a personal choice
Ramcats are a fixed head not a mech. Many people confuse this because the blades move forward when pulled from a target.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

I have had good luck and reliable kills with the 125 gn.Slick Trick, but prefer the 3 blade 125 gn. G5 "montec" as its stainless and that is important in my case, I as I hunt the "Wet Side" of Washington State very near the ocean for Roosevelt Elk with my Matrix 355 and 380 where rust can be a problem... With 24 grain illuminated nocks and 92 grain brass inserts my 17" Zombie Slayers come in right at 435-440 grains.

For Mule Deer over on the "Dry Side" with my gen II micro 335 I will be using 16" Zombie slayers with 100 gn G5's with 92 garin brass inserts for sufficient FOC even with the 24 gn illuminated nocks I prefer. total weight come in a very close to 415 grains.

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

The stock arrows that come with the bow weigh in at approximately 250 grains without a field point.... Excalibur supplies 150 grain field points with their arrows to give you a rough 400 grain completed arrow..So..

If you were to go with a 100 grain broadhead you are reducing your total arrow weight by 50 grains, meaning that your finished arrow is now a 350 completed arrow... with a 100 grain head. Not necessarily a bad thing but on average a heavier arrows is more desirable..

If you are set on using the Ramcats, they are a great flying head that leave an incredible blood trail... They are all I use and fly to the same POI as my field points out of my past Micro's and my 380's....

I have if you want for the price of just shipping to you 6 BEE's cut down to fit perfectly on the Micro for you to try to see if you like them. They are fletched with 3 Blazer vanes, aluminum flat nocks and 110 grain brass inserts... They are made up and all you would need is for you to add your head of choice.. I think the last time I weighed them with a 100 grain head they came in at 403 grains complete... If you like them keep them, if not just ship them back..
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
Big Pard

Post by Big Pard »

GrassyKnoll wrote:The stock arrows that come with the bow weigh in at approximately 250 grains without a field point.... Excalibur supplies 150 grain field points with their arrows to give you a rough 400 grain completed arrow..So..

If you were to go with a 100 grain broadhead you are reducing your total arrow weight by 50 grains, meaning that your finished arrow is now a 350 completed arrow... with a 100 grain head. Not necessarily a bad thing but on average a heavier arrows is more desirable..

If you are set on using the Ramcats, they are a great flying head that leave an incredible blood trail... They are all I use and fly to the same POI as my field points out of my past Micro's and my 380's....

I have if you want for the price of just shipping to you 6 BEE's cut down to fit perfectly on the Micro for you to try to see if you like them. They are fletched with 3 Blazer vanes, aluminum flat nocks and 110 grain brass inserts... They are made up and all you would need is for you to add your head of choice.. I think the last time I weighed them with a 100 grain head they came in at 403 grains complete... If you like them keep them, if not just ship them back..
Thanks partner that is very kind of you but I think I am going to try some custom arrows from Borkholder. First I wanna try her with the factory arrows and heads to see how she does. If she shoots very well I may just hunt with the BOLTCUTTERS.
Micro 335
Dead Zone Scope
Vixenmaster String
Munch Mount
Zombie Slayers
100gr Slick Trick