Hunting stories on this forum

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

grouse

Hunting stories on this forum

Post by grouse »

By far, the thing I like the best about this site is the hunting stories that members share from all over the continent. I seldom visit the forum during the off season, but I start to come back as opening day approaches. I have subscribed to just about every sporting magazine there is over the years, but I find these stories more enjoyable. Some people write as if they are graduates of the finest journalism schools and others have spelling and grammar challenges. It doesn't matter one bit, we all speak the common hunting language and the tales are equally as good.

It is so easily to relate to a man or woman in a deer stand, ground blind, ghillie suit or stalking game when they are carrying a crossbow. It is unexplainably appealing (but most of you understand) to read about someone's experience that just occurred in British Columbia, Florida, New Jersey, Texas or anywhere people hunt. Thanks to everyone for sharing, and keep the stories coming!
axiom
350 SE
sproulman

Re: Hunting stories on this forum

Post by sproulman »

I wish most could have seen hunting we had in PA back in 60s ..You only had recurve bows/wood arrows..You would see 50/80 deer a day easy everywhere.Each hollow was loaded with Ruff Grouse.Every hollow had 30 to 40 deer....Turkeys big ones all 20 pds ....Squirreals all over thousands ..
Bears big ones you would see 18 daily at dumps then some over 700 pds...
Trout so big they would not fit in your straw basket all native brown trout ...

no scopes on your guns open sights only... Recurve bows only with cedar arrows/feathers and fred bear points...

Bucks average 8 points a lot of 12 points ...1 day after rain i sat 10 ft in apple tree..32 bucks came under my apple tree..had 8 point bucks rubbing their horns on my tree...Now you are going to laugh,I got none that day not 1 buck..I was waiting for 12 point to enter field and he never did....

That same day at dark a 250 pd black bear decided of all apple trees in field he was going to climb MINE..So when he got to first limb 5 ft from my face I jumped to ground and so did he..He went running 1 way and I went the other leaving my bow on ground....

storys oh boy can I tell them...
vixenmaster

Re: Hunting stories on this forum

Post by vixenmaster »

The old days were great growin up as a young boy in the 50's. I had a big Blackie run me up an Alder on the bank of a creek i was fishin in fer trout. Man the silvers were spawnin an the Blackie decide he wanted my fishin hole :lol: I dropped my rod n reel went up the Alder n he was comin up after me. I got close to the top leaned over n my top bent enuff to let me swap out trees on his fat butt. He couldn't really get to high cause the Alder he went up wasn't goin to handle his weight. As a 8 yr old boy i had no concept of that but i was leavin as he was poppin them teeth real wickedly. This was out from Napa, Ore. my Pa was in the Navy career man
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315