Lumenok

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Huronsteel

Lumenok

Post by Huronsteel »

I just got my bolts from wyvern creations today also got 3 lumenok's with my order, this is my first time trying the lighted nok they seem pretty tight could someone tell me the best way to install them
Boo

Re: Lumenok

Post by Boo »

I reduce the diameter with a fine fIle or an excto knife. Be careful not to damage the wires. Go a little at a time until the nock lights up with 20 to 50 lbs pressure.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Phillyarcher

Post by Phillyarcher »

My experience is like boo said shave them down a bit. My first one I did was lost an arrow when I was removing the nock in the arrow the heat put a stress crack in the carbon. If you have them without nocks in the arrow you should be fine. It is cheaper to buy them and install them yourself. Since I got the new Micro 335 I bought some already with Lumenok installed. You get three arrows for about $50.00 bucks.
Excal Vortex
Excal Micro 335
NAP Spitfire Max 125 grain
Hawke XB Pro 30 SR
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

Here is a place to start.

http://lumenok.com/pages/tech-talk-1

Plus ! Note that it is also important to install them properly . The contact wires if placed in the wrong position / plane can result in rail or arrow retainer damage .
See my previous post on the subject.

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... it=lumenok
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

All i did was little sand paper inside the carbon arrow to smooth it and they went in with slight tightness i did not want them loose..

as said put wires so the are level inside the rail groove..they stick up about rail if you do it that way..
I saw 2 bows at range and the wires were installed vertical ..They saidthey were told to do it this way do to them rubbing the rail.Well i guess they forgot they will rub the arrow retainer that way..i showed them that horizontal in rail the arrow is high enough they will not rub the rail ...

Hey i am learning also too..