M405 BH

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Heavvyduty

M405 BH

Post by Heavvyduty »

My BH is 1in from rail BUT my string is 1/2 from my bumper's .. Sound rite?
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Re: M405 BH

Post by Hunt it »

If your string is new, shoot it a bunch and it will stretch into place 1/4" off bumpers is about where you want it. New factory string will stretch a good bit in beginning. Other way is to cock it and leave it cocked for day or two.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I keep my bow about 3sixteenth from the rail a half is fine also most go one quarter .when i put on a new string i know its gonna stretch so i go maby three quarters the main thing is try to keep it the same consistenty.the arrow length seems fine also most of us dont want enough room to still put a foot in during de cocking ritual ....having a foot in there could be bloody n bad .lol or maby ...not funny no lol.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

longbow joe wrote:I keep my bow about 3sixteenth from the rail a half is fine also most go one quarter .when i put on a new string i know its gonna stretch so i go maby three quarters the main thing is try to keep it the same consistenty.the arrow length seems fine also most of us dont want enough room to still put a foot in during de cocking ritual ....having a foot in there could be bloody n bad .lol or maby ...not funny no lol.
Yup, I've been there and it aint pretty. I have a not so nice broadhead cut in the toe of my hunting boot and a scars between my big toe and the one beside it. In the heat of the moment, it is easy to do. Be careful. :oops:
Hank