Brodhead Question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Big Pard

Brodhead Question

Post by Big Pard »

I am about to receive my Micro 335 and was curious to know if a 125gr Rage Hypodermic would be heavy enough to use with the supplied Quill arrows without damaging the xbow.
Micro 335
Dead Zone Scope
Vixenmaster String
Munch Mount
Zombie Slayers
100gr Slick Trick

Re: Brodhead Question

Post by newbie »

the supplied arrows are 250 grains without a head. So add your 125s and you are over the 350 minimum arrow weight.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Dominic

Post by Dominic »

I have a micro 355 an i wouldn't go under 400gr, at moment I use 430gr. I use 18" black eagle executioner they are a little bit more heavy than the diabolos, i belive they are around 280gr. And the BEEs works fine, with 18" too. As my micro was new, i shooted it with 380gr and after arround 200shots i had a limb issue. Better you use arrows which are more heavy.
Micro Bulldog 335
Micro 308 Short
BD 330
Woodstock 342 (Matrix)
Matrix 355 with 310 Riser
acreek

Post by acreek »

You should be fine, but know that there are 150 grain broadheads that fly great out of the Micro 335. My uncle has a Micro 335, and we tried shooting his Quills with the 150 grain Magnus 4 blade Stingers that I use with my traditional bows. He was so impressed with their crossbow accuracy (I was too) that he ordered a pack straight away. We experienced no drift at all left or right. The only difference we saw between the Magnus broadheads and the field tips was that the broadheads hit about 1/2" to 1" higher at 30 yards and beyond. As an aside, this was actually good for him because the Dead Zone scope's crosshair to chevron spacing could not be adjusted enough to hit the bullseye at 30 yards and beyond. Even on the slowest speed setting his bolts hit about two to three inches low at 30 yards.