I'm in BIG Trouble!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Re: I'm in BIG Trouble!!!

Post by Boo »

Bullzeye wrote:
robertyb wrote:I was perfectly honest with my wife Boo. Maybe that is why we got divorced 16 years ago. :lol:
Lol, not me, when I was married and we had our first child, my ex said " no hunting gun in the house !! " some guys would hate that, but I took it as an opportunity to buy a bigger safe, put it in my parents house, and have full advantage of being able to fill it up without her knowing Lol

When we divorced, she said " these sewing machines ARE MINE!, you have your gun(singular) I just sat there and smiled lol
Is the EX a Liberal? :shock:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

You guys, wow.You just have to put your darn foot down real hard, and fast, in front of the other as you run out the door! :lol: :lol:
Honestly, I tell her almost everything! :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
janesy

Post by janesy »

Ah, I talk a good game, my wife knows I have three crossbows, it's my guns that all look the same :lol:
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Trentco1

Post by Trentco1 »

So guys you've been caught!!! It's Trents better half he left this page open and I started reading.... Shame on all of you!!!! Seriously not telling your wives you've bought something and I'm sure you've used the joint account!!! Hahaha got ya!!! See as a wife I see things a little differently, o think if my hubby wants to go hunting/ fishing friggin hell let him go my house stays clean for a few days, I have less laundry, and I don't need to cook a three course meal! So as far as I'm concerned goooo!!! And when it comes to buying stuff I say go for it!!!! This means I can do the same... Don't have to leave the new shoes in the closet for a month or skuff them up saying I've had them for ever I can just bring my shinny new shoes in and prance around in them!!!!
All being said you need to have mutual respect with your partner!!!! Love the guy to bits but can someone invite him out hunting soon I could really use a break!!!!
Micro 355
Hawke xb30 pro scope T&T Triger boo force 10 string Zombie slayers 16.5 arrows c/w right helical blazer vanes aluminum nocks or lumenoks
Micro 315
Tact zone scope force 10 string 16" inch executioner arrows aluminum nocks or lumenoks
Buck

Post by Buck »

The only thing less identifiable than a box with " Cabelas Cabelas cabelas cabelas Cabelas" marked all over it would be a 3' long white and blue box with a photo of a guy holding a crossbow and billboard sized caption reading "Excalibur Crossbow". These people need to understand discretion instead of throwing us under the bus with every delivery! :lol:
Micro 335 / Hawke XB30 Pro- Excal Sound Deadening System....
Matrix 350 SE / Hawke XB30 Compact - Couldn't say no......
308 Shorty / Hawke XB30 Pro- Tack driver ....
Axe 340 Raid / Hawke XB30 Compact - ....
Trentco1

Post by Trentco1 »

janesy wrote:Ah, I talk a good game, my wife knows I have three crossbows, it's my guns that all look the same :lol:
Sorry about the spam fokes)

I'll be keeping this phone tight in my pocket now!
One thing I didn't tell my Lovie when we met is
I'm very forgetful,so she only knows about half the stuff I bought!
Micro 355
Hawke xb30 pro scope T&T Triger boo force 10 string Zombie slayers 16.5 arrows c/w right helical blazer vanes aluminum nocks or lumenoks
Micro 315
Tact zone scope force 10 string 16" inch executioner arrows aluminum nocks or lumenoks
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

Although my wife may drive me nuts at times I've never run into this situation.

In fact, she was at the shop with me the day that I decided to test fire my "new" compound (someone had traded it in so it was tech used) and all she did was look at me after watching me shoot it for awhile and say get it, you know you want it.

She also saw and knows about the "new" traded in recurve too.

Good luck and over time the storm of silence will pass :-)
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

Trentco, she's definitely a keeper!!! My wife is the same way, if you want to go hunting just go. She likes to refurbish something, clean, or do a quilt while I'm gone so she loves the alone time. It's just the money thing.

Buck, I agree 100%. They should have plain boxes such as the ones that come from the adult websites, so I've heard.
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
Possum

Post by Possum »

All joking aside, it's really all about mutual respect and consideration. My current wife and I have separate checking accounts, separate credit cards and we both have our own separate pensions. All household expenses are split down the middle. We have no need to keep the personal things that we buy for ourselves from each each other as we pay for those things out of our own funds and if one or the other needs help paying for a really high dollar item we do discuss it and help each other out. Rita knows that I'm considering a Micro 335 and the only thing she say is that she wishes that I would just get it. She's tired of following me back to the same section at Cabelas every time we go there.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Php 4:13
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

Possum, it sounds as if you've got it figured out. That might work for us but I'm the sole bread winner in the family. My wife is a stay-at-home and she's the one who does the bills which is why she knows what we can and what we can't do.
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
Ramcat 100gr

Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....I guess after reading all of these posts I shouldn't or maybe I should feel terrible...my wife has never handled any of the finances and believe me I wish she would get involved or maybe I should be happy she's not...

.....I have begged her for years...Her argument is, "you are the accountant...you will never be happy with what I do! :D :cry: !"....I think I wish she was more involved.... I might not have made some very impulsive purchases....like how in the Good Lord did a full complement reloading bench along with components for a few years....and 9 handgun's wind up in our house? :shock:.....how did a BD-400 happen to show up, along with a TTT and a crossbones? :shock:

.....please don't take this as bragging because my Home Equity Line is looking me square in the face each month...my justification is I am a good juggler...but I don't feel good about it or do I?...I just don't know :?

.....I have to admit, since this is confession :lol: :cry: that I get pissed when a charge shows up on the card that I don't recognize and is obviously hers :oops: :oops: not for any other reason than I just didn't expect it!....

.....so I am confused...what do you guys/gals think? Go easy on me :lol: :lol:

....In any event, I am done with the hand guns and the bows....unless I sell something!....oh boy, even I laughed at myself when I wrote this sentence! :shock:

Anthony :oops: :mrgreen:

PS: I think I need to stay a month in rehab....hopefully it will be a place where I could hunt with all the state of the art equipment so when I get out I can....."oh no it's hopeless! :cry: :cry: :cry: "
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Boo wrote:It would be interesting to see how many guys here are upfront with their other half :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:

Anthony :mrgreen:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

amythntr wrote:....In any event, I am done with the hand guns and the bows....unless I sell something!....oh boy, even I laughed at myself when I wrote this sentence! :shock:

You really know how to control a crowd you maniac!!! :lol:
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
Ramcat 100gr

NRA Lifetime Member
Opey

Post by Opey »

I don't know how you guys do it. I've been happily married for 20 years now and have never made a big purchase without talking to her. Heck, I just bought a set of air brakes and a Flemish string and although I didn't talk to her before the purchase I did tell her as soon as I saw her. Good luck guys and keep the entertainment coming!
bubba

Post by bubba »

Hey Big Red One, You must have got the bog-pod super steady combo ? The tri pod version with inter changeable U mount and gun rest mount? Smile.. Your gonna love the bog-pod, the best i've ever used. I'm sure the wife will come around... O...By the way you could have saved about 30.00 if you bought it at amazon..opps.
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)