Decocking Problem

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

rattlerun

Decocking Problem

Post by rattlerun »

I have a M380, new in February. Been shooting quite a bit all summer, while stretching out a couple Flemish strings. Now I'm working on decocking it and have run into some trouble. I hook my stringer up, pull up on one side, release safety, push ADF, and pull the trigger (2 stage Trigger Tech). The string lets down, and everything seem good. Only when I try to recock it, the claws on the trigger are down like it is cocked. Then I have to push the trigger forward, then pull it, to clear the way for the string to recock. I also have an M355, and decock the same way, and have been, on this one, for 3 plus years, with no problems. Am I doing something different because of the extra weight I don't realize? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
janesy

Re: Decocking Problem

Post by janesy »

Google trigger tech auto lock problem. I don't have any TT triggers but I have ready this was a somewhat common issue. Guys on this site have dealt with it
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

Here is way it was described to me by Frank at TT. The design of the light trigger necessitates that each time the trigger is pulled it needs to be pulled all the way to the rear prior to releasing it. If you just tap the trigger or don't follow through you get the issue your having. If you pull the trigger back prior to re cocking it will also remedy this situation.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Hunt it wrote:Here is way it was described to me by Frank at TT. The design of the light trigger necessitates that each time the trigger is pulled it needs to be pulled all the way to the rear prior to releasing it. If you just tap the trigger or don't follow through you get the issue your having. If you pull the trigger back prior to re cocking it will also remedy this situation.
Yep! X2
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Normous

Post by Normous »

X3
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Before even finishing what you wrote my exact thought was just what you were told. Fully squeeze the trigger and you should be fine.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.