crossbow used to kill three in Toronto

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hankenhunter

Re: crossbow used to kill three in Toronto

Post by hankenhunter »

Going with my Canadian deductive reasoning, my guess would be be he stabbed them with an arrow. I hope I'm right. I just can't see people waiting for him to reload to shoot them.
Hank
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Normous wrote:Get this, our local New Anchor just covered the murder in Scarborough Ontario and said the 3 victims were hit with a quiver.

The news sucks!
X2- Absolutely, one of the reporter on our 24 hour news channel stated, "Today's crossbows, unlike those of yesteryear, although they are not as fast as a semi-automatic rifle, since they have quivers, they can be shot quite fast by someone with experience. :roll:
When it comes to having knowledge, these media types are clueless, and they prove it every time they open their mouths
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

ComfyBear wrote:
Normous wrote:Get this, our local New Anchor just covered the murder in Scarborough Ontario and said the 3 victims were hit with a quiver.

The news sucks!
X2- Absolutely, one of the reporter on our 24 hour news channel stated, "Today's crossbows, unlike those of yesteryear, although they are not as fast as a semi-automatic rifle, since they have quivers, they can be shot quite fast by someone with experience. :roll:
When it comes to having knowledge, these media types are clueless, and they prove it every time they open their mouths
....well, we all know that modern day crossbows have assault type quivers, painted in black they are able, just by virtue of their black color when attached with the name "assault", to kill multiple people without the use of the crossbow! :roll: :roll: :roll: ....stupidity knows no country border!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
kman35ca

Post by kman35ca »

Oh fabulous... CBC should have been dismantled. They are a mouth piece that Loves to bash everything non liberal. Now they'll add Crossbows to the list of things they want to get rid of... By the time we get these twits out of office we will be lucky to be able to own BB guns....
Matrix 380
Pretty stock, for now.....
First crossbow
galamb

Post by galamb »

Some of you will remember in the draft portions of C-68 that Crossbow's WERE going to be included as a non-restricted firearm, but it was changed just before things really got enacted.

If this turns out to be as reported and this idiot actually shot four people with a crossbow (3 dead and one injured is the latest reports) you know JT and Ralphie will act to "keep our streets safe"...
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

kman35ca wrote:Oh fabulous... CBC should have been dismantled. They are a mouth piece that Loves to bash everything non liberal. Now they'll add Crossbows to the list of things they want to get rid of... By the time we get these twits out of office we will be lucky to be able to own BB guns....
...at least you will be able to own BB guns...they are illegal in The People's Republic of New Jersey :shock:

Anthony :shock:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

galamb wrote:Some of you will remember in the draft portions of C-68 that Crossbow's WERE going to be included as a non-restricted firearm, but it was changed just before things really got enacted......................

I remember that WELL! It was the appearance that our government was about to require crossbow registration that prompted me to buy one. Obviously they didn't want us to have them. I felt forced, therefore, to get one. Same thing with air pistols.

I hope they stop talking about banning stuff. It always winds up costing me money, because I get one whenever they decide they don't want me to have one.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

galamb wrote:Some of you will remember in the draft portions of C-68 that Crossbow's WERE going to be included as a non-restricted firearm, but it was changed just before things really got enacted.
I think that was around 2005. I applied for my hunting license and the talk about crossbow falling into that bracket inspired me to get my non restricted license at the same time.

turns out that this led to a love of firearms too, and within the last year I also have applied for my restricted, so in a round-a-bout way the liberals have made me into a firearms owner! ha!

in yo face JT!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

http://globalnews.ca/news/2904598/deadl ... regulated/

gotta love that last sentence. Its the liberal mindset. How about: we have to protect ourselves from the moral bankrupt and the insane?
fergie

Post by fergie »

one shot scott wrote:
galamb wrote:Some of you will remember in the draft portions of C-68 that Crossbow's WERE going to be included as a non-restricted firearm, but it was changed just before things really got enacted.
I think that was around 2005. I applied for my hunting license and the talk about crossbow falling into that bracket inspired me to get my non restricted license at the same time.

turns out that this led to a love of firearms too, and within the last year I also have applied for my restricted, so in a round-a-bout way the liberals have made me into a firearms owner! ha!

in yo face JT!
it was before 2005. my first pal had ;
non-restricted
restricted
crossbow
all written on the back.
matrix 380 blackout "Reaper", nchunterkw flemish string, triggertech single stage, matrix munch mount, Rhinehart Block, 18" zombie slayers c/o big john
fully dressed in drstirrup is the "reaper"
Minnow

Post by Minnow »

So stupid! I'm from the area and heard about this early on. Got home at 3pm and put it on our 24 hour news station (cp24) and they were actually reporting on how fast modern crossbows can be reloaded comparing them to semi automatic weapons, then as the day went on somebody must have called them out on that so they left that out of their report going forward. Idiots! If their ever was a registry u can blame the media
Ibex SMF
Zombies
Cheek rest
S5
Stock extender
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Women in my area are complaining no Crossbow should be sold from private person..Limbs are breaking in their kids faces..I had heck of time selling my Horton with NEW limbs on it ..

I see lawsuits down road glad I got rid of my horton to person that knows Crossbows ..How world is changing...My dog Whiskers jumped on youg girl and caused a little red mark on her leg Waiting for Lawsuit..lol..
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

We of course are following this story closely. Take a look at this video, it claims to show how quickly you can cock a crossbow:\

http://www.newstalk1010.com/blog/jerry- ... a-crossbow

The crossbow shown is a medieval replica... :roll: The misinformation throughout the media is staggering. One so called expert said that crossbows are actually more deadly than a hand gun and should be registered and only purchased by those with a firearm permit. The evidence is looking like the victims were stabbed with an arrow not shot, nobody is going to stand around waiting for somebody to cock the crossbow and load an arrow. :D
Fred T

Post by Fred T »

Great.Better get your PAL's boys.
Ibex SMF-S5-TactZone-BE Zombies/blazers
Wasp Jak Knife,Drone.
Vixenmaster string.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

easy, hold on. It aint over till Jt's old lady sings. :roll: