335 got you tired?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

canoe13

335 got you tired?

Post by canoe13 »

Hey guys if pulling on that rope to cock the Micro 335 or a 355 gets to be a real pain you have to consider the 315. On paper it does not look like much of a difference but in reality .....man, what a joy to shoot. The whole draw is easier. Makes the 240 lbs. draw of my Matrix 355 seem harder. I know I've lost some speed but now can enjoy practice even more with no back ache.
Mag Air
Sig Sauer Romeo 5
Excalibur Quills
Tooth of the Arrow broadheads
Vixenmaster strings
Carnivorous

Re: 335 got you tired?

Post by Carnivorous »

Micro 315. A joy to shoot all day long and a great Tree stand bow....:)

A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

for me and hunting use im stikin with the 335. the 315 might be a little better but ive found these new short limbs are just painful to draw through the whole cocking process.its a way different feel than a long limb Excal. even most of my the Matrix models are a bit much. i have a micro that was chopped and it shoots around 300fps. its still not so fun to draw. now my flat riser converted Phoenix to Ibex metal rail xbow is just a joy!. could cock that one by hand. :D
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:Micro 315. A joy to shoot all day long and a great Tree stand bow....:)

53 years hunting deer and i never used face mask ..many times had orange hat on in archery ..looks cool but in all honesty i see no need for it ..your umbrella i would worry about that in wind etc but never tried it i wear poncho if it rains ..

like your pics ...
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

sproulman wrote:
53 years hunting deer and i never used face mask ..many times had orange hat on in archery ..looks cool but in all honesty i see no need for it ..your umbrella i would worry about that in wind etc but never tried it i wear poncho if it rains..
The facemask is a necessity for bugs. But you must be some kind of ugly for your face to blend into a tree, Sproulman.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
janesy

Post by janesy »

Ever notice how all wildlife are not initially terrified if you until they can see your forward facing eyes. Face masks work. Turkey hunting, I've had so many animals within arm's reach, and it's got nothing to do with some fancy camo shirt. On the flip side, put on a face mask and go see anyone's family pet. Guaranteed they will flip out.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Don,t go hunting without my face mask!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

What the Title of this Thread says or do like i did. Bought an older Exo model. Whoa Nellie can you say reach down n hand cock this beautiful gal :D Easy to cock n very easy on yer Back!

Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
deadeer

Post by deadeer »

janesy wrote:Ever notice how all wildlife are not initially terrified if you until they can see your forward facing eyes. Face masks work. Turkey hunting, I've had so many animals within arm's reach, and it's got nothing to do with some fancy camo shirt. On the flip side, put on a face mask and go see anyone's family pet. Guaranteed they will flip out.
Spot on! Pets especially! :lol: Lol
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

racking up points wrote:
sproulman wrote:
53 years hunting deer and i never used face mask ..many times had orange hat on in archery ..looks cool but in all honesty i see no need for it ..your umbrella i would worry about that in wind etc but never tried it i wear poncho if it rains..
The facemask is a necessity for bugs. But you must be some kind of ugly for your face to blend into a tree, Sproulman.
BUGS...Tell me about it i got LYMES and on meds ..Today my face got like lumps on it in red...Everyone was looking at my face ... :cry: