Great Day Shooting With Anthony

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

paulaboutform

Re: Great Day Shooting With Anthony

Post by paulaboutform »

A 428 grain arrow @ 350fps sounds more like M380 specs so from what everyone has been reporting, you're right where everyone else is with the Bulldog.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

paulaboutform wrote:A 428 grain arrow @ 350fps sounds more like M380 specs so from what everyone has been reporting, you're right where everyone else is with the Bulldog.

Paul

.....Thank you fratello....I knew someone would finally answer my query...I understand how people get all upset when their bow doesn't shoot the "advertised speed" (even though it is based upon a set of parameters)...for me, it shoots flat and obviously shoots faster than the 380 and "...BadaBing 8) " so I am pleased...I just wanted to know if i was in the ballpark!

ANthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Spike Country

Post by Spike Country »

Any idea what your strings weight is? I have found the factory string to be a lot lighter than nice flemish strings.
MICHIGAN MEAT HUNTER "Shooting Tomorrows Trophies Today"
Proud member of the Michigan Crossbow Federation!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Spike Country wrote:Any idea what your strings weight is? I have found the factory string to be a lot lighter than nice flemish strings.
....no I do not SC...I do know there is some speed loss with the Flemish but I believe it plays its part in quieting down the bow....I really am not upset with the 350fps...I just want to make sure if it makes sense and that I am not missing anything....

....Since it is a Boo string Don would most likely be the one to know the weight of his string.

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Spike Country

Post by Spike Country »

I agree, I have one of Mikes force 10 flemish strings on mine and it makes it that much smoother. Really liking my BD hope to chrono it soon.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Spike Country wrote:I agree, I have one of Mikes force 10 flemish strings on mine and it makes it that much smoother. Really liking my BD hope to chrono it soon.

....SC, what is your arrow recipe out of the BD400?

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....Spike Country....the only other variable is the Chrony....was it set up correctly, was I the proper distance away from it....were the shades (bright sunny day) working properly....etc....?

.....we Chrony'd it with "Roger That's" Chrony....I never thought of bringing mine to get a comparison....will do the next time I go!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Buck

Post by Buck »

Looks like a great day. I'm a stones throw from Black River and would definitely head to Flatbrook for some shooting.
Micro 335 / Hawke XB30 Pro- Excal Sound Deadening System....
Matrix 350 SE / Hawke XB30 Compact - Couldn't say no......
308 Shorty / Hawke XB30 Pro- Tack driver ....
Axe 340 Raid / Hawke XB30 Compact - ....
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Buck wrote:Looks like a great day. I'm a stones throw from Black River and would definitely head to Flatbrook for some shooting.
Sounds good Buck....I hunt early season in Z9 in Flanders....re getting together...shoot me a PM with your contact info and the next time we get together I'll contact you...It really is a lot of fun meeting and fellowshipping with forum members at a shoot....we might try to get a bunch of guys together in late September for a Sunday shoot at Bangers in So Jersey...the only place in NJ that allows CB's from what I hear....

....Anybody from Jersey/PA chime in if you're interested in getting together for a 3D shoot in So. Jersey I believe the last Sunday in September!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
tremps01

Post by tremps01 »

paulaboutform wrote:A 428 grain arrow @ 350fps sounds more like M380 specs so from what everyone has been reporting, you're right where everyone else is with the Bulldog.

Paul
Paul is right . Here my arrows chrony'd at different weight with M 380 and BD 400
The M 380 string was an Old Boo's string force 10 (with over 1000 shot when Don saw it at Boofest he said to me change it right now) :roll:
The BD had the original Excalibur string.
More weight less speed difference!

Marcel
Last edited by tremps01 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Micro suppressor 355
Boo string force 10.
Drstirrup complete kit.
Marcel
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

tremps01 wrote:

Paul
Paul is right . Here my arrows chrony'd at different weight with M 380 and BD 400
The M 380 string was an Old Boo's string force 10 (with over 1000 shot when Don see it at Boofest he said to me change it right now) :roll:
The BD had the original Excalibur string.
More weight less speed difference!

Marcel

thank you so much Marcel....remind me to give you and Paul a big Italian kiss next year at Boofest.... :shock: :? :| :lol:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

I know that I'd be interested in getting together if you went to the same range again. I just looked at it and it's only 1 hour and 30 minutes away from me.

Chad
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I was readin the spec's on the BD vs. the 380. 380 has a 13.1 power stroke at the 380 fps, now the BD has a 14" power stroke n its avg around the 380 fps area. Then the BD loaded weight is more than the 380. Other than the fact the BD has a diff trigger set up. Fer the price diff the 380 would be the best fer the samolians spent. I am not knockin the BD fer those who like its diff set up n have the fundin n can handle 8 1/2lbs or more. I am not able to handle that weight anymore, :(
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Spike Country

Post by Spike Country »

amythntr wrote:
Spike Country wrote:

....SC, what is your arrow recipe out of the BD400?

I have a couple very similar to yours. Trying Bees and laser III around 18" with lumenoks and different weighted fronts. I have to many broadheads(foc, tricks, reapers) and can't decide what I like the most. Just something about this bow all together that is making it my favorite to shoot.
tremps01

Post by tremps01 »

vixenmaster wrote:I was readin the spec's on the BD vs. the 380. 380 has a 13.1 power stroke at the 380 fps, now the BD has a 14" power stroke n its avg around the 380 fps area. Then the BD loaded weight is more than the 380. Other than the fact the BD has a diff trigger set up. Fer the price diff the 380 would be the best fer the samolians spent. I am not knockin the BD fer those who like its diff set up n have the fundin n can handle 8 1/2lbs or more. I am not able to handle that weight anymore, :(
Mike, The standard Matrix 380 riser is a forward riser. The Bulldog 400 has a swept back riser also add 2 inches more longer to the BD than the M380 rail.
Less stress on the limbs, well balance ,more quiet than the M 380, but much harder to cock than the M 380.
With my hunting arrow weight FMJ 502 gr.
There is no speed difference between the BD 400 and M380.
I did speed test both bow at the same time with same speed device and had same result arrow after arrow. both bow had complete drstirrup kit.
By the way, it was impossible for me to cocked the bd 400 without the drstirrup stirrup.
Marcel
Micro suppressor 355
Boo string force 10.
Drstirrup complete kit.
Marcel