3D at Bangers-So Jersey 9/4 (UPDATED FOR 78YD ELK)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Re: Get together 3D Shoot at Bangers-So Jersey in Sept

Post by amythntr »

TheBig1 wrote:
amythntr wrote:....well it looks like we are all set for Sunday at Bangers...

....The Three Musketeers will consist of George (Storm Dragon), Chris (ThackMan) and me....If the weather does not cooperate we will go inside and shoot at their 30 yard range... put faces to names, fellowship, talk Excalibur and maybe do some fine tuning for the season... :wink:

....Anyone else, you are welcome to join us!

Anthony :)

More like the THREE STOOGES! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sometimes I even crack myself up.

Chad
....yep that will be us for sure...I am glad you can amuse yourself Chad :lol: :lol: :lol:

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....about to head off to meetup with ThackMan and StormDragon at Bangers for a 3D shoot...hopefully will post images later!

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....I just spent a half an hour putting a post together, complete with images only to have it disappear, errrrrrrr! I will do so later....we had a great day with extremely positive results from non other than the Grizzly! ....more to follow!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....OK I will give this a shot again...our 3D meetup at Bangers in Winslow, NJ went flawlessly yesterday (Sunday September 4th)...this was in spite of the fact that we were under a severe coastal storm warning....it turned out to be a spectacular, beautiful day weather and temperature wise...

....I met up with forum members George (StormDragon) and Chris (Thackman).
It is always great when you can put faces to names...George brought his friend RJ who shot a compound along with a family of archers (The Civic Family) consisting of mom, dad, two daughters and a nephew...always great to see a family shooting archery together....they were a great bunch and we all set out to tackle the course....

....StormDragon was shooting his Nighmare 335, Thackman was shooting a "stock Grizzly" with the fine addition of an 8ptbuk flemish string....I shot the Bulldog taking it out for its first attempt at 3D

....Let me get it out of the way first...if you are wondering which Excalibur shot the finest and furthest with Thackman nailing a 78 yd shot at an elk.....it WAS the Grizzly :shock: :? :wink: :wink: ...in fact, Thackman had that Grizzly humming throughout the course....he was the only Excalibur shooter to come home with his full quiver...I, infact lost 2 arra's and totally undershot the elk :oops: :cry:

....all in all a fun day of shooting was had by all of us...it was such a pleasure to see dad Civic shooting and teaching his two daughters...mom was a decent shoot in her own right...RJ did a fine job also...as for George, Chris and myself we had a blast...needless to say Chris' feet probably still haven't hit the ground after nailing the long shot on the elk...George also nailed the elk....

Here are the few images that we took:

George (StormDragon) showing his form as he gets ready to shoot:

Image[/URL]

Chris (Thackman) the man of the day showing that the Grizzly, a force to be reckoned with, is no toy!

Chris (Thackman) and George (StormDragon) checking out the result of their shots:

Chris(Thackman), George(StormDragon) and Civic heading down to score and retrieve....if you look closely...you will see a brighter arrow in both the ram and the bear....well, that was the Bulldog redeeming himself in the later part of the course (care of Lumenok's) :roll: :lol: :

Here is the whole group heading on down, to score, retrieve and in some cases to search for missing arra's :shock: :

Chris (Thackman) was eager to score as he had a great day of shooting basically putting on a clinic for me:

I would say that bear is "pretty dead" wouldn't you? :lol: :lol:

....and here we are, "The Three Stooges" Chris (Thackman), myself and George (StormDragon)....those other guys are like 8' tall which makes me look shorter :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

....yes it was a fun day...friends were made, fellowship was had and it was just fun to be out shooting and putting the Excalibur's through the paces...

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
xcaliber

Re: 3D Shoot at Bangers-So Jersey in Sept 4th (PICTURES)

Post by xcaliber »

Looks like a great time fellas.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Hot dang y'all had a good time n good shootin
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

To say we had a blast would be an understatement!

And for the record, i see or more importantly dont see the pic of the elk shot where the "Super Grizzly" made the bulldog go sit up on the porch and see how things are done lol.

Looking fwd to hopefully doing it again next month
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
ThackMan

Post by ThackMan »

You're right George, where is that picture? :roll: :lol:
Just kidding.
It was great to meet both of you and most importantly shoot well in front of everyone. :lol:

We definitely have to do this again. Maby next time I wont have a curfew. :shock:

-Chris
BD400 w/ TT, HHA, Leupold 2-7x 33mm, 8ptbuk String, Munch Mount "Y", Kwikee-3SS, Dr Stirrup Kit
Grizzly, 8ptbuk String
18" SSST 112 gr Insert, SK300, Ignitor
18" BEZS 110 gr insert, Blazers, Lumenok
VPA 3 blade vented 100 gr
amythntr

Re: 3D at Bangers-So Jersey 9/4 (UPDATED FOR 78YD ELK)

Post by amythntr »

.....So nobody thinks I am purposely withholding a shot that I missed and George(StormDragon) and Chris(ThackMan) nailed I am posting it below...I did not take this image George did and had sent it to me....

.....Both George (335) and Chris (Bionic Super Grizzly) made excellent shots....me, on the other hand shot right under the belly which accounted for one of my two lost arrows...great job guys!

Chris' arra is second from the bottom and George's are either one or both of the two middle ones...show offs! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings