SK -200 Flex-Fletch

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

W.Miguire

SK -200 Flex-Fletch

Post by W.Miguire »

Just wondering if any one has tried these . just fletched 1/2 doz. and was very impressed . put them on some zombies 18" 90grm. with 125's .also tried them with my slick trick grizz. and they work good . the only thing I found was the are a little hard to fletch with the bolt fletcher . you have to be careful. if so let me know how you like them . thanks
W.M.
paulaboutform

Re: SK -200 Flex-Fletch

Post by paulaboutform »

I have them and love them! I've had tremendous success with them. :D

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

They are outstanding. Durable and quiet. They fletch up great with the bolt tool.
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
SEW

Post by SEW »

I didn't find them to be as accurate as Blazers. During testing using field points and welded shut FOCs with Boo constructed 18" Zombies in 3 configurations, the offset SK300s very slightly beat the helical Blazers followed significantly behind with the helical SK200s. The SK vanes were quieter in flight than the Blazers which were relatively quiet themselves.
The SK200/300s didn't adhere as well as the Blazers. Overall, I've decided to stay with Blazers since I'm back to constructing my own arrows and don't want to battle keeping the SK vanes on. However, I'm sure Jerry, and others, have overcome this problem; and if ordering from Jerry, I'd likely get SK300s with light helical or 3-4 degrees offset and an insert weight to bring the total point weight up to 210-220gs (me - 50g AL insert/FOC). Just my thoughts which may not be completely accurate. I'm still a work in progress.
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Thanks for your input SEW. at first I had a little trouble maken the stick . so I used a light skuff pad and cut down on the glue . also cleaned off the vain and shaft with acetone and was very careful when I closed the jig. I kinda like um seem to shoot a little faster. the are a bit smaller than the blazers. O well to each their own .
W.M.
Quintehunter

Post by Quintehunter »

With any flexletch vanes you need to properly clean the base of the vane before gluing. I use SK300's and don't see me changing any time soon.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I've shot Flex Fletch for most of my competitive 3D years. When not prepped properly they're a bugger to bond. I've eliminated this issue by using the Flex Fletch 'Zing' primer. The Zing is applied to the base of the fletch with a supplied brush and dries as quickly as acetone. The shaft is still cleaned with acetone. This has completely eliminated any adhesion issues and it's much faster and easier than scuffing and cleaning the vanes...which I also used to do.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.