Blue Matrix string

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ThunderXB

Blue Matrix string

Post by ThunderXB »

I have a Bulldog 400. It came new with the blue Matrix string. The string just seems too short to be a back up for me.

Anyone have the same issue with the blue string length?
Bulldog 400, Hawke XB30, JBK string, Dr S, TriggerT
405 Matrix, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
405 Matrix Blackout, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
Squirrel

Re: Blue Matrix string

Post by Squirrel »

It should stretch over time.
Matrix 355 w/Tact Zone
Vortex w/Varizone
ThunderXB

Post by ThunderXB »

Man, it seems PRETTY short, won't even touch the Dr Stirrup bumpers with basically no twist in it and they stick out more than the factory REDs.
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

There were problems in the past with customers having the strings in the bumpers when they got their new Matrix home, so they started making the strings shorter about a year ago. They will eventually stretch, but takes lots of shooting ;)
Last edited by BrotherRon on Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
Boo

Post by Boo »

The brace height for the Bull Dog is not the same as the Matrix. It does take some shooting before the string stops creeping.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
bigrak

Post by bigrak »

Boo wrote:The brace height for the Bull Dog is not the same as the Matrix. It does take some shooting before the string stops creeping.
What is the braçe height for the BD 400?
Thanks.
Matrix 405 Mega, Hawke XB30 SR Pro
trigger tech, Dr Stirrup ' Tac Pac
BEE 20" 429gr. NAP spitfires 100gr. Ignitors
BD400 XB30 SR PRO DR. Stirrup.
New 420TD Assassin
Boo

Post by Boo »

About 2".
Some people just like stepping on rakes
SEW

Post by SEW »

I've noticed the same thing. However, with the string exactly 2.0" back from the end of the riser, maximum speed is obtained with the BD400. . Lightly waxed, the string weighs just 99g and is faster than any other string I've tried on the BD(tried 11 other strings). At $20 ea, the string is a bargain. It will eventually stretch to just right. Took mine weeks and a lot of shooting.
ThunderXB

Post by ThunderXB »

Is there any way to stretch a string other than on the bow and by shooting it??

I have 2 JBK strings, but have a blue factory and a gold "factory" string and both of the last 2 are short right now.

I'm busy shooting in my JBKs and really don't want to pull them off just to stretch out a couple "back up" strings.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

SEW wrote:I've noticed the same thing. However, with the string exactly 2.0" back from the end of the riser, maximum speed is obtained with the BD400. . Lightly waxed, the string weighs just 99g and is faster than any other string I've tried on the BD(tried 11 other strings). At $20 ea, the string is a bargain. It will eventually stretch to just right. Took mine weeks and a lot of shooting.

....Interesting Steve. What speeds have your obtained on the Bulldog with your setup (arrow) using the DrS kit and the factory string? Also, what is the FPS loss between the factory and a Flemish (assuming you have done that comparison!)

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
SEW

Post by SEW »

amythntr wrote:
SEW wrote:I've noticed the same thing. However, with the string exactly 2.0" back from the end of the riser, maximum speed is obtained with the BD400. . Lightly waxed, the string weighs just 99g and is faster than any other string I've tried on the BD(tried 11 other strings). At $20 ea, the string is a bargain. It will eventually stretch to just right. Took mine weeks and a lot of shooting.

....Interesting Steve. What speeds have your obtained on the Bulldog with your setup (arrow) using the DrS kit and the factory string? Also, what is the FPS loss between the factory and a Flemish (assuming you have done that comparison!)

Anthony :)
Partial answer...... More later
The only Dr Stirrup stuff on my BD is the string bumpers. Stirrup is sure to follow. Cocking rope is great! Use it. My blue string almost touches the bumpers now. Speed with 397g arrow averages between 369-371. This is with the original limbs(57 ea) which are slower than when I put on the M405 limbs(104) or my blemished limbs(103).