Scope upgrade

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

warningshot

Scope upgrade

Post by warningshot »

Looking for suggestions for a scope. Looking for compact and good in low light,, my varizone just doesn't cut it. Any suggestions are appreciated
mchurch

Re: Scope upgrade

Post by mchurch »

Compact would be tact zone, hawke xb 1 in MAP or sr ir crosshair or tenpoint rangemaster
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

If'en you need a decent scope fer the funds the Hawke XB1 SR is Illuminated fair priced
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I am a Leupold kind of guy. A VX-I, 1-4x shotgun scope with heavy duplex is my fave hunting. Bright, small, light weight, heavy duplex can be seen easily in low light. About 2 bills to your door. Best warranty in business, because you won't have to use it! Just a thought
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

flightattendant100 wrote:I am a Leupold kind of guy. A VX-I, 1-4x shotgun scope with heavy duplex is my fave hunting. Bright, small, light weight, heavy duplex can be seen easily in low light. About 2 bills to your door. Best warranty in business, because you won't have to use it! Just a thought

.....I defer to the Gentleman from the great state of Texas (except for the Cowboys :mrgreen: ) when it comes to scopes....Leupold has never let me down...across my firearm platform and now across my Excalibur platform....excellent in low light and never, ever, ever had to use or know of someone who had to use their Leupold warranty....Crossbones for me...spend once and be done :wink:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

Leupold, and done! A 1.25-4x VXR with Firedot is the ideal crossbow scope, IMO.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

Crossbones is great, Nikon Bolt has not been mentioned - very compact. Hawke Pro is great scope - not really compact.
Drew

Post by Drew »

X2 for the Nikon Bolt. Excellent compact scope and very bright.
Drew
2013 Matrix 355 Xtra
TT Single Stage
Nikon Bolt XR
Boo & Xcalibur flemish strings
18" BE Zombie Slayers
VPA 3-blade broadheads
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

X3 for the Nikon Bolt.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

If your bow shoots very near the 300 fps speed the Nikon is excellent... You failed to mention what bow or bow speeds your dealing with however...

I have hawke 2 Hawke XB30 SR Pro's and a Leupold Crossbones on my somewhat faster bows but the Nikon is great and would have been a fine choice for my Micro 335.

I had a Nikon and let it go on a bow I sold and have kicked myself ever since. :roll:
Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

x2 on the leupold
Deerstalker

Post by Deerstalker »

Nikon Bolt Xr is light, short, rugged, accurate, lifetime warranty with 3" to 4" eye relief. Great in low light conditions.

Semper Fi

2012 Equinox
Firebolts & BEEs w Boltcutter & Slick Trick BHs 150gr
S-5 & Boo string, TT trigger, Nikon Bolt Xr scope
2012 Vortex w/S5 & Nikon Bolt Xr (son # 1)
2012 Axiom SMF w/S5 (son # 2)
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

racking up points wrote:Leupold, and done! A 1.25-4x VXR with Firedot is the ideal crossbow scope, IMO.
X2 that last 15min of legal shooting time is where the VXR really shows its stuff..
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

[quote="L. E. Carroll"]If your bow shoots very near the 300 fps speed the Nikon is excellent... You failed to mention what bow or bow speeds your dealing with however...

I have hawke 2 Hawke XB30 SR Pro's and a Leupold Crossbones on my somewhat faster bows but the Nikon is great and would have been a fine choice for my Micro 335.

I had a Nikon and let it go on a bow I sold and have kicked myself ever since. :roll:
Gene[/quote]

Sorry I'm shooting the matrix 330, came with the varizone scope but not impressed, I put a true glow red dot but get all screwy if and water hits the glass, max shot is 35 yard to. I have a 2x7 Leopold vx2 on my rifle and looking for that kind of low light scope, but was hoping not to pay the same price, I have been eying the
Nikon bolt and around the price I want but I don't know anyone with one so hoping to get some input from here thanks again
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

If illumination is not a factor ? The Nikon Bolt would serve you very well with your 330 as your most likely shooting in the 310 - 315 fps. range with a hunting arrow in the 400 grain range. They are available thru Cabelas for right at $160 ( 5 % less if a veteran ), but can be found cheaper if on sale or with a bit of searching here on the internet...

I have seen nearly new ones occasionally here or on other forums in the Classifieds for $100 or even a bit less.

If time was not a factor, I would put a post in a couple classifiied forums that your looking for one ( if the nearness of hunting season is not a factor ) and see what you come up with.

That's just my $ .02 for what ever it's worth. :lol:

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier