Inexpensive Bolt for Micro 335 varmint duty

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

2davidh

Inexpensive Bolt for Micro 335 varmint duty

Post by 2davidh »

Hello-

I have been practicing with my new Micro 335 waiting for deer season to start. But, in the mean time, ground hogs have been tearing apart my vegetable garden. I can find some inexpensive broadheads for taking care of my ground hog problem. But I hate the idea of damaging or losing my $10/each Micro Quill 16.5" bolts that I will rely on for deer season. I cannot find any other 16.5" bolts on the market. Could I shoot 20" bolts out of my micro for ground hog duty? If so, any recommendations on the brand?

Thanks,
David
Boo

Re: Inexpensive Bolt for Micro 335 varmint duty

Post by Boo »

You can use a rubber blunt or a field tip with an Arrow Adder. Your arrows are more likely to survive the use of a rubber blunt.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I shoot 2219 easton magnum alluminums out of my micro they come 20 inch there cheap and good same point of impact as carbons.i cut them down to 16 inch but 20 will fly just fine
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

The full length Easton aluminum 2219 shafts would be my pick. A full length shaft is 32". You'll lose about a half inch for the tapered nock end but would end up with two almost 16" arrows for every shaft. That'll cut the price in half. Grasshopper points are great for stopping arrows in grass or ground shooting and work great on small game.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
ThackMan

Post by ThackMan »

Try a Vantage Point Archery Thumper small game head. They have them from 85 grain all the way up to 300 grain. They shouldn't bury themselves if you miss. $13.95 for 3.
BD400 w/ TT, HHA, Leupold 2-7x 33mm, 8ptbuk String, Munch Mount "Y", Kwikee-3SS, Dr Stirrup Kit
Grizzly, 8ptbuk String
18" SSST 112 gr Insert, SK300, Ignitor
18" BEZS 110 gr insert, Blazers, Lumenok
VPA 3 blade vented 100 gr
2davidh

Post by 2davidh »

Thanks everyone, the thumper and arrow adder look pretty decent. I will give them a try. I just bought 3 Quill with Lumenoks for deer season. I can sacrifice one or two factory quill for varmints. When I get low on those, will order some Easton.