335 Micro Expected Accuracy?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Re: 335 Micro Expected Accuracy?

Post by vixenmaster »

Why would he be pullin his shots ? If'en some hit where he aims then the rest hit 2-4" left of them. You gotstid crappy Custom arrows
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

Big Pard wrote:Everything appears tight...
You can't tell by looking at the fasteners! :lol: But seriously, remove the stock, and check the trigger block screws. That would be my likely guess. If I'm you, I'd do a thorough check, (as in every single screw), and anything loose gets removed and then add a dab of loktite.

To answer the thread title - I think, from a bench, sub 1" @ 40y with field tips should be achievable for most shooters with any Excalibur model.

-Just curious, but what kind of accuracy were you getting before you bought custom arrows?

-Have you spin tested these new, custom arrows?
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I think he got rooked on those Custom arrows, i don't think the ends are sq'ed nor are the spine indexed or match weighted. Some one sold him a pig in a poke
Half Bubble Off BD360

StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

vixenmaster wrote:Why would he be pullin his shots ? If'en some hit where he aims then the rest hit 2-4" left of them. You gotstid crappy Custom arrows
Easy, sometimes you get in the zone shooting and you squeeze the trigger and follow the shot in and other times you breath wrong or pull the trigger instead of squeezing or something along those lines and the arrow goes off some.

Esp at 40 where small things off and at a rest equal big things down range
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

are you shooting from a rest? or off hand?
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
Big Pard

Post by Big Pard »

Fellas I shoot 10 - 20 rifles a year and some out to 500yds. I know how a group looks when there are loose fasteners. When I said "everything appears tight" I wasn't talking about how it looks. The groups I am getting are about 4" in diameter but the group is linear. Example:

Shot #1 - bullseye
Shot #2 - 2" dead left
Shot #3 - 4" dead left
Shot #4 - could be bullseye, 2" or 4" left.

Out of the 12 arrows I shot only 4 were close to the bullseye. The ones that didn't were left of center between 2 and 4 inches.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Hopefully the arrow makers will talk nice to me.
Micro 335
Dead Zone Scope
Vixenmaster String
Munch Mount
Zombie Slayers
100gr Slick Trick
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

BrotherRon wrote:are you shooting from a rest? or off hand?
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

racking up points wrote: -Just curious, but what kind of accuracy were you getting before you bought custom arrows?

Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
roly

Post by roly »

I would just shoot those 4 arrows that are hitting the bull and make sure they are consistently hitting it. Then try the others, if they aren't consistent then I would say your arrows are at fault.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

vixenmaster wrote:I think he got rooked on those Custom arrows, i don't think the ends are sq'ed nor are the spine indexed or match weighted. Some one sold him a pig in a poke
Mike, they spine matched them ,i have same arrows..ends are NOT squared but he squared the ends himself as i did also.I even squared the arrows also and reglued in the inserts...

My problem was 2 warped new arrows that you could see on arrow spinner..other 4 are straight and all hitting same spot..

they did tell me they could not spine match the PRO arrows at .001 because they are too straight and the device cannot do it.he has 425 arrows at .005 ..

i have one test on monday i have not done ,making sure my face is on cheekrest and bow is up in air not so i am leaning into scope ..I just want to rule that out ..
even warped 2 arrows are going in same hole at 30 yards BUT they are off from others .i brought 1 in by turning vanes ....

Monday I should have decent idea what is ...normus said he tried everything to get GT arrows to group together and finally gave up...i am almost shooting same holes with my 4 arrows from same dealer as big pard other 2 are shooting in same holes even tho you can see wobble in those 2 ,funny they are shooting in same spot too other 4 are shooting in same spot ...Drive you nuts trying to figure it out.

I have not tried 40 yards yet only 30 ..
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

racking up points wrote:
racking up points wrote: -Just curious, but what kind of accuracy were you getting before you bought custom arrows?

You have good point ,if he shoots the quills he has and they go left what would that mean?if they did not go left ?
Big Pard

Post by Big Pard »

I never shot my Quills for accuracy and I lost 3 of the 4 trying to kill 2 cottonmouths.

When you pay $134 for a dozen arrows you shouldn't have to do anything other than set it in and go hunting.

I spun tested the 4 in my quiver at a friends house and all four wobbled.

The groups I shot at 40yds were off a sandbag that I use to shoot 500yds.
Micro 335
Dead Zone Scope
Vixenmaster String
Munch Mount
Zombie Slayers
100gr Slick Trick
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Big Pard wrote:Fellas I shoot 10 - 20 rifles a year and some out to 500yds. I know how a group looks when there are loose fasteners. When I said "everything appears tight" I wasn't talking about how it looks. The groups I am getting are about 4" in diameter but the group is linear. Example:

Shot #1 - bullseye
Shot #2 - 2" dead left
Shot #3 - 4" dead left
Shot #4 - could be bullseye, 2" or 4" left.

Out of the 12 arrows I shot only 4 were close to the bullseye. The ones that didn't were left of center between 2 and 4 inches.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Hopefully the arrow makers will talk nice to me.

Square your inserts i think you did.next turn vanes ..move back to 30 yards and use real small black dot on white paper ...
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Big Pard wrote:I never shot my Quills for accuracy and I lost 3 of the 4 trying to kill 2 cottonmouths.

When you pay $134 for a dozen arrows you shouldn't have to do anything other than set it in and go hunting.

I spun tested the 4 in my quiver at a friends house and all four wobbled.

The groups I shot at 40yds were off a sandbag that I use to shoot 500yds.
take board with 4 marbles and make your own spinner .if your g5 did not square the brass points knock out inserts and square the arrow..in spinner without point you should see if arrow is warped a little. even if warped my 1 shot in same holes over and over .but i had to turn vanes ..

square your arrows and brass insert and turn your vanes ,move in too 30 yards..YOU SHOULD NOT BE GETTING WOBBLE IN YOUR POINTS i did until i squared arrow/insert ..found a way to get inserts out without heat.... Grasshopper
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I wouldn't do any work to those Custom arrows! Send them back fer a refund n find anudder arrow builder
Half Bubble Off BD360