NAP Crossbow Spitfire Opinions.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Scarecrow

Re: NAP Crossbow Spitfire Opinions.

Post by Scarecrow »

What size bands do you use? I see there are 3/16" and 1/4". I took a shot at a doe last year with the FOC using my M380 and had the blade open up on me. Found it in the ground with one blade broken about 20yds out. Definitely going to band them this year!!
Micro 335 - Vixenmaster String, Diablo, Slick Trick 150
M380 - Hawke XB30 Pro, Vixenmaster String, Quill, VPA 150 / FOC
SEW

Post by SEW »

3/16" or 1/8" med or hvy.
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

Or just do as mentioned and remove the shims altogether using a rubber band instead and rest assured it wont open in flight, but definitely will when it impacts.

The band hardly ever breaks, they usually just roll back onto the shaft and can be re-used even.

The dimpled shim actually robs more energy IMHO than the band does anyways...[/quote]

the dimpled shim should be removed when banding :?: :?: :?
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Phillyarcher wrote:I have been using regular Spitfire Max 125 grain and have not had to put any bands on them. My first set up was a Vortex and did not experience any of them opening up. I now shoot a Micro 335 and shoot both the regular and the crossbow ones. The only difference is the tension clip is a slight bit heavier. So far I have had great success.

that is why crossbow spitfires weight 106 grs not 100 grs and heavier point ..If you do not shoot your Spitfires no reason to put band on the Crossbow ones but non crossbow yes even tho they are not to open under 360fps ..or shoot spitfires and put in new retention clips...

we oil our blade also per info from nap expert he uses cooking oil so do i little on the retention clip ..I see no reason to use dental band but what does it hurt but I would not use more than one ..