any one ever been attacked by a c2 crank?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hi5

Re: any one ever been attacked by a c2 crank?

Post by Hi5 »

Badweather wrote:I got over zealous and must have cranked the handle too much and broke the C2 string or the hooks broke not sure what was first. Dry fire caught the string but it made a heck of a noise. I will only use the C2 for the cocking the stringer from now on.

You really need to pay attention when cranking. As soon as you hear it latch the trigger, you must stop cranking. I shoot a 405, and it takes a lot of effort just to cock the bow.

It could be that you put a whole lot of extra stress on the string or hooks if you didn't stop cranking after it was cocked. With the amount of resistance of a heavier draw weight bow, that would be easy to do if you weren't listening carefully.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Loomy

Post by Loomy »

My C2 Crank strong broke, also. It didn't quite make it to the trigger but thankfully made it past the anti-dry fire catch. Not sure why it broke. It felt like it got hung up on something just before it broke. The hooks seemed to be too far on top of the rail. I'm new at this and figured it was operator error. Prior to it breaking, I couldn't get it all the way to the trigger. Now I need a new string.

Kevin
Kevin "Loomy" Loomis

Excalibur Bulldog 400
Bear Authority (for sale)
foxhunter

Post by foxhunter »

http://www.westmarine.com/buy/samson-ro ... P014895700
for new string, 1600 pound capacity.
when the hooks jump on top of the crossbow receiver it's usually because the string on the c2 is not in the cocking groove but across the back of the trigger housing. as soon as I see the hooks jump I stop. I know what the problem is.
Loomy

Post by Loomy »

Foxhunter

Are you saying the c2 strings are suppose to go across the groove where the manual cocking string is placed to provide leverage? I thought each string goes straight down to the bow string? That's what it appears they do on the video.
Kevin "Loomy" Loomis

Excalibur Bulldog 400
Loomy

Post by Loomy »

I got it figured out. You are right. I didn't know about the groove as it was the first time I ever tried to cock a crossbow. Excalibur's video on using the crank doesn't have a closeup view and I guess they expect everybody to be experienced at cocking a crossbow and know about the groove. I learned about afterwards and pretty sure it wasn't in it. I'd never seen one cocked in real life.

Thanks a lot for your help! Gonna order a new string!
Kevin "Loomy" Loomis

Excalibur Bulldog 400
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I got bit once, hurt like hell lol but I only blame myself, I crank mine in an unsafe manner, I do not use the rachet action, I disingage it because I find it makes enough noise that I never hear the click, and I always end up cranking to far.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone