Rendering XB Inoperable in the field?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

Re: Rendering XB Inoperable in the field?

Post by xcaliber »

That is complete BS, if the bow is decocked, and no arrow in the bow, it is disabled, you need to move from that arse backwards state immediately. I don't miss Illinois in the least bit, tape a few twenties to your hat, you'll be fine. :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Hunt in the mornin's :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

vixenmaster wrote:Hunt in the mornin's :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

With one or two screws, depending on your model, you can remove the riser making it completely inoperable, and all you need to do is pack an Allen key.

Man, that's a stupid state to hunt in with a crossbow. Did I read that you have draw weight limits too?
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

Would a simple trigger lock like what comes with a firearm purchase work? If the trigger is locked out the bow can't be operated, right?
I agree with the others, that's going a bit overboard. Do they make you field strip and disassemble your gun?
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I'm just poking at your state of confusion! You need to call the Illinois DNR office, and have them tell you the rules that make sense, get their name as well, and anything you can get in writing. I'll poke around at their rules when I get a chance, and hopefully you won't have to go through all that BS. If you hunt the afternoon, they expect you to take down the bow in the woods, in the dark, insane!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Good Luck! Hope you have a great hunting season, and harvest one of those big bucks. Been a long time since i dealt with the Boyz From Noise. :lol: Early 80's for me, we had to draw a deer tag to get a license to hunt public land, and these days, an out of state license is way crazy priced in my opinion. Can't wait to see some trophy pics. Remember, here, every deer is a trophy, and Doe's count as two deer! :wink:
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....I would ask the kind officer to assume "The Position" as you render the bow inoperable by pushing it up to his tonsils! :shock: :evil:

...excuse me, "The Devil Made Me Say That!" As Flip Wilson used to say....your state makes The People's Republic of NJ seem like the Wild West! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
8ball

Post by 8ball »

Just talked to Springfield yesterday and tried to get them to explain the weight limit-yea they had no idea,I tried to explain that you can get a Xbow with less than a 200 lb draw weight now that will shoot just as fast or not faster than one with way over the 200 lb limit-I don't think it did any good though-thats why I sold my matrix 380,really liked that bow also---I think the padlock on the strings would be fine,welcome to the land of Lincoln!!
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Road hunting has exploded with crossbows here in pa...Their needs to be law that your bow cannot be cocked in vehicle ..Many say sproul how do i uncock it after hunting until dark?i shoot it at home to uncock it into my target...

Road hunters have every excuse in world .....Last year there was buck at dam that crossed the road daily to woods..4 trucks sat in that area with 2 hunters in trucks waiting for buck to cross with crossbows cocked...
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

They must sit in the truck bed cause them widows be abit small fer the limbs
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

vixenmaster wrote:They must sit in the truck bed cause them widows be abit small fer the limbs
I guess i need to take picture how its done. you hang out window with crossbow and shoot its that easy not shoot from inside.... I had employee that got caught doing it back in 1991 .he said Sproul i shot 100 deer this way outlawing and never got caught too now..

I did see couch in back of truck but person had disabled permit to shoot from truck BUT they were road hunting which is illegal ...

getting off topic most likely delete soon.. :lol:
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

...would a "master lock" the kind used on triggers (I use with pistols) work?

...It would be a $15.00 simple solution...As long as the two pieces snap together, you should be good to go....and get the "heck" out of that state with the toughest gun laws and the highest crime rate :shock: ! :wink: :mrgreen:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

All that is needed is a small cable padlock like the type used for lever actions. put cable around string and through stirrup and lock.