Illinois max weight limit

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

8ball

Illinois max weight limit

Post by 8ball »

Got a call from IDNR he said hopefully by the end of October the 200 lb max weight limit law will be lifted-I can can see a bunch of people in Illinois buying Excaliburs to hunt with!!!
SEW

Re: Illinois max weight limit

Post by SEW »

Stupid law from the beginning. Is that the state of former resident and community organizer Pres B. Obama? And Chicago, and multiple former governors who have retirement "suites" in the penitentiaries? Surprising that they'd come up with a #200 limit in the first place. :lol:
Rusty Gate

Post by Rusty Gate »

200lb max in New York Sate as well :roll: Now that's supposed to change as well but currently still "in committee" :? :x My 405 awaits a ruling.
RG
8ball

Post by 8ball »

SEW wrote:Stupid law from the beginning. Is that the state of former resident and community organizer Pres B. Obama? And Chicago, and multiple former governors who have retirement "suites" in the penitentiaries? Surprising that they'd come up with a #200 limit in the first place. :lol:
yes they couldn't or wouldn't tell me why the law was in effect,and don't even get me started on Chicago!
SEW

Post by SEW »

Rusty Gate wrote:200lb max in New York Sate as well :roll: Now that's supposed to change as well but currently still "in committee" :? :x My 405 awaits a ruling.
RG
I can't help myself. Hillary couldn't get elected dog catcher here in Arkansas. Yet, New York, elects her as Senator, votes for Obama again!!, and has a 200# wt limit also. There's just something about New York and Illinois!

PS In 2007, I flew up to Glen Falls to a Grumman convention. Loved it and Lake George. Also, traveled thru NYC mainly on subways and greatly appreciated the helpfulness of the NYers in negotiating the subways. But, Hillary and Obama??!!
acreek

Post by acreek »

I would hate to live in IL even though much of the state is conservative and has good deer hunting. It's bad enough to live next door to it and have to listen to all of the Chicago land residents who feel compelled to tell us in Wisconsin how we need to change to become more like them. No thanks.
Predator55

Post by Predator55 »

Just bought my cub and wondered why that had a limit. However, after shooting my cub with a matrix sting(200lbs) I don't see the need to go any higher. My cub shoot dead nuts out to 50 yards and I'm sure if I wanted to go farther I could' but I don't plan on shooting a deer past 40 yards,let alone 50/60. The season for xbows in IL is after the second shotgun season and is all season for anyone 62 and older or handicapped.
Last edited by Predator55 on Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
ADM Hawk

Post by ADM Hawk »

Any updates yet?
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

jwellsy wrote:The rumor I heard is that the Illinois XB season may get expanded too. Right now it starts about the last week in November.

....So it will run concurrently with the open season on H o m o Sapiens in Illinois? :shock:

..... I heard that they tried everything to eliminate this twelve month season including banning firearms in some parts of the state but poachers have found a way to hunt while law abiding hunters are forced out!

.....Rumor again has it that Obismal had something to do with this also! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
8ball

Post by 8ball »

amythntr wrote:
jwellsy wrote:The rumor I heard is that the Illinois XB season may get expanded too. Right now it starts about the last week in November.

....So it will run concurrently with the open season on H o m o Sapiens in Illinois? :shock:

..... I heard that they tried everything to eliminate this twelve month season including banning firearms in some parts of the state but poachers have found a way to hunt while law abiding hunters are forced out!

.....Rumor again has it that Obismal had something to do with this also! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Anthony :)
oh you can just bet he did!