Custom Arrows or Have i been Shafted

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Custom Arrows or Have i been Shafted

Post by vixenmaster »

I jus couldn't help myself, y'all there be some well known arrow builders that make Customs. Couple members have gotten burnt by a rip off arrow maker, Borkholder's name keeps poppin up on diff Forums. So i will jus keep gettin mine from FL. :D
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Riflemanz

Re: Custom Arrows or Have i been Shafted

Post by Riflemanz »

I got my Bee's from David at Wyverns and am very happy with his. If I wasn't I'd order from that Jerry guy!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I encourage all of the serious shooters to lear to make your own. It is not that hard, or tedious, and startup is not that expensive minus an arrow saw. I would be willing to offer any help, and I'm certain other's would as well. I know of a few rather newbie's doing this that have had success both at the range, and in the field with their own arrows in short order! :wink:
On another note, Wyvern's (David), South Shore Archery Supply (Jerry), and Big John are the guys I would personally recommend for great arrows, factory fletched in my opinion leave a lot to be desired. I think Boo has a video out from a clinic he had in the early summer, I'm sure he would answer any question asked of him as well.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Scarecrow

Post by Scarecrow »

Anyone have a link to Boo's video?
Micro 335 - Vixenmaster String, Diablo, Slick Trick 150
M380 - Hawke XB30 Pro, Vixenmaster String, Quill, VPA 150 / FOC
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I bumped up the original post Scarecrow.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Ive been buying the factory .oo1 zombies with factory fletching and cutting down to micro and matrix and exo lengths and adding my own inserts and squaring . I have found the fletching quality to be as good as or better as i can do myself i never had any come off or a flyer in 6 dozen . Im not nocking the custom makers at all but im just saying that there are other alternatives to these "hacks" trying to make a quick buck and giving the good arrow makers a bad name
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Big Pard

Post by Big Pard »

Well hindsight is 20/20. At least now I have a dozen BEE even if they are .003" straight instead of those GT..
Micro 335
Dead Zone Scope
Vixenmaster String
Munch Mount
Zombie Slayers
100gr Slick Trick
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I have been making arrows for 20 plus years, and .003" are as good as any .001" I have ever shot. I don't spine index anymore, and my buddies have done blind tests to 50 yards with no difference, PERIOD! Spend your money on a good shaft, or arrow, with good fletching and squaring practices, and enough or more than enough FOC (front of center) weight, and you will be amazed at how well you shoot. Some factory stuff will fit the bill, but I got away from that for my own reasons, and refuse to go back. 8)
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

xcaliber wrote:I encourage all of the serious shooters to lear to make your own. It is not that hard, or tedious, and startup is not that expensive minus an arrow saw. I would be willing to offer any help..
How much does one save by making their own compared to buying 'so-called' custom made or even 'off the shelf' ? I'm not talking about just the arrow making and not including equipment to make them. Thanks
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Well on a dozen to dozen basis probably about $15. U.S. not including spine indexing, etc. which could add up. If you use a dozen every few years, probably not much of an advantage, but if you have some buddies, or kids, and that goes to 2-3 dozen every few years, and you like to a hands on hunter, the $$ cannot be measured, no matter how many you use.
Arrowflinger

Post by Arrowflinger »

Just got my shipping confirmation from Jerry at SSA. Zombies are on the way . Been shootin diablos . Hope to see a improvement in consistency :?
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Jerry does good work, and stands behind it, if there are any issues, he'll make it right.
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

xcaliber wrote:Well on a dozen to dozen basis probably about $15. U.S. not including spine indexing, etc. which could add up. If you use a dozen every few years, probably not much of an advantage, but if you have some buddies, or kids, and that goes to 2-3 dozen every few years, and you like to a hands on hunter, the $$ cannot be measured, no matter how many you use.
Thanks guess it's not worth for me to go that route to save a few bucks. :o
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
Big Pard

Post by Big Pard »

I don't mind paying good money for good arrows but when you pay good money for not so good arrows it hurts the soul.
Micro 335
Dead Zone Scope
Vixenmaster String
Munch Mount
Zombie Slayers
100gr Slick Trick