Wasp vs muzzy

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

buffalo

Wasp vs muzzy

Post by buffalo »

So, comparing 100 gr fixed blade broadheads. Which do you prefer, muzzy or wasp broadheads?
I have 2 wasp broadheads, but I'm looking at picking up a,couple more for this season, and I'm torn between the two.
hunter with MS

Re: Wasp vs muzzy

Post by hunter with MS »

I have used both I went with muzzy you might want to try the muzzy crossbow trocar they come in 100 and 125 grain .
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I got some Wasp Drone broadheads off the clearance rack at a local WalMart and gave them a try. After seeing how they shot from my Micro, I have them in my quiver instead of the G5 Strikers I was planning on carrying. No offense to the G5 Strikers, because they shoot great too. The Drone heads just fly perfect for me and they are 1 for 1 so far this season.
DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
884savage

Post by 884savage »

I used Muzzy for years. Killed a bunch of deer with them here in a over crowded deer state of Indiana. I switched after a near disaster in Iowa. I made a marginal shot, so it was my fault, but I've gone with a much bigger head since and not had issues. If you put either of them in the lungs they will kill with equal efficiency. Never shot the wasps, but the muzzys flew very well.
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Shoot the heads and then decide which one flies better!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
roly

Post by roly »

I have always been a fan of wasp broad heads, they make good quality bh's.
But I use their Jac-hammers though, I prefer an expandable.
Too me bh's are a personal choice, as long as they appeal to me and I feel confident with them I will try them.
carperdoug

Post by carperdoug »

I've used several broad heads over the years. The wasp drone is new, 2015. I shoot a Matrix 355; tried the drone this summer. The 100 grain drone shoots to the same/exact poi as my field points and groups equal or better out to 50 yards. I have never had a broad head that can do that. Wasp heads are close to indestructible and extremely sharp.

As some one else said shoot them both and see. Both are quality heads.
Fatboy111

Post by Fatboy111 »

I like the Wasp Drone over the Muzzy. Shoot them to see how they fly.
carperdoug

Post by carperdoug »

Fatboy111 wrote:I like the Wasp Drone over the Muzzy. Shoot them to see how they fly.
Thought you might like that Drone. Best fixed broad head I've tried. Having said that I am trying the Wasp Jak-X mechanical. Simply trying to get a bigger cut. So far so good; harvested a very large doe Sunday evening. Double lung, complete pass through. Good luck with the drone.
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

Never shot the wasp but I hear it's a good head. I've always shot the Muzzy's and been happy with them. My brother killed a nice hog last week with a muzzy. He fell in his tracks.

2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

Only shot muzzys and slick tricks loved em both but muzzys were a better price so stuck with them
mfh

Post by mfh »

Used to use muzzy and have also shot wasp but feel slick tricks are better then both. The former are readily available in local shops, slick sticks on line,

All are sharp and will put a deer down if well placed. I found better accuracy and consistency with slick tricks.