Blood Tracking Lights--Again

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hi5

Blood Tracking Lights--Again

Post by Hi5 »

This is supposedly the Rolls Royce of blood tracking lights. The trade name is Xenopus Electronix. Apparently they supply equipment actually used in crime scene investigation.

CRIME SCENE TOOLS

ARSON INVESTIGATION
BLOODTRACKER
CRIME SCENE
FORENSICS
CARPET INSPECTION
FILTRATION SYSTEM INSPECTION
NDT
PETZL PIXA
SECURITY/INVISIBLE INK
ACCESSORIES
HomeBloodTrackerFINALLY BACK BloodTracker patented blood tracking flashlight for hunters and bowhunters
Patented blood tracking technology

Patented blood tracking technology
Kit includes BloodTracker, batteries, battery charger, and a cool case with space to hold your hunting glasses!
Three modes, three flashlights in one. Neutral white, dim red, and BloodTracker modes.
The flashlight operates on two 18650 rechargeable Li-Ion cells, but can operate on four 18650 cells for double the runtime. Additional cells sold separately.
Patented.

FINALLY BACK BLOODTRACKER PATENTED BLOOD TRACKING FLASHLIGHT FOR HUNTERS AND BOWHUNTERS

$260.00

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
No filters needed -- our experience with Crime Scene lights allows us to choose exactly the right high-flux emitters for this job. More than 15 feet? You bet -- there's 15 Watts of LED power in there! Regulated output ensures consistent performance through charge of battery.

Three flashlights in one: A White LED flashlight for general use, a low power Red LED flashlight for preserving your night vision, and a BloodTracker flashlight to help you follow the blood trail left by that wounded animal! If you need a green LED flashlight also, let us know (we can program that mode to order).

How does it work? Select through modes by clicking the pushbutton switch. The BloodTracker mode uses the green LEDs in conjuntion with flashing red LEDs - the blood will appear to flash back at you, since ground cover will tend to absorb red wavelengths and fresh blood will reflect it strongly!

One customrer brought our light into the field 27 hours after shootiung and wounding a hog, even after a light rain. They found their hog!

What's new in this version? 5-new-technology emitters, tigher beam for longer throw, and rechargeable batteries (opeates on 2 batteries,but fits four for extended runtime if needed). Two protected 18650-size cells and a charger are included.

XeLED-Cr5BT-K BloodTracker kit. 15W flashlight kit includes flashlight, 2x18650 rechargeable cells, charger, and case. The diffuser in this product is not adhered to the lens, and can (carefully) be removed by the customer should they want increased functional distance at the expense of beam blending.

XeLED-Cr5BT BloodTracker product datasheet

Technical note: This is not a UV product. Blood does not fluoresce under UV (unless separated into plasma). Blood looks black under Blue, Near-UV, and UV. Blood absorbs Blue, Near-UV, and UV. This product relies on the reflecting properties of blood. We make Crime Scene lights with 455nm, 405nm, or UV for detection by absorption if required. Viewing glasses are NOT required for use with the BloodTracking lantern.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Then we have the Primos Bloodhunter--actually the most recent model is the only one with favorable reviews. The older models seem to be harshly criticized.

The reviews on Amazon and Cabelas are strong in favor
___Amazon---
See all 75 positive reviews›
22 people found this helpful
5.0 out of 5 starsNo more lost animals!
ByChris Barberon December 8, 2013
This is an amazing flash-light. It truly does illuminate blood, while filtering out every other color. It is a very bright flash light, even on the low setting. The ground appears as a grey color and the blood is a bright red and it almost "glows". I am very happy with it, and it is worth every penny!

The folks who are critical, I have to wonder if they are maybe a bit color blind and so could not benefit from such a device....
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
acreek

Re: Blood Tracking Lights--Again

Post by acreek »

$260 for a flashlight? I think I'll pass. And you have to be careful about relying on Amazon.com reviews. Companies often stuff their reviews with chosen "customers" they give products to.
galamb

Post by galamb »

Yep - for 260 bucks I can go down to one of the temp work agencies and get half a dozen guys to stomp through the bush for half a day looking :lol:
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
janesy

Post by janesy »

galamb wrote:Yep - for 260 bucks I can go down to one of the temp work agencies and get half a dozen guys to stomp through the bush for half a day looking :lol:
Ahahahaha!
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I would gladly spend 260 to be able to spot a light bloodtrail. You don't know how difficult it is being red/green colorblind. Heck I considered a thermal imager which is many times over that price.

And my type of colorblind isn't as rare as you may think.

http://www.toledo-bend.com/colorblind/Ishihara.asp

I got the 25, and kind of, sorta saw a 6 in the 56. I guessed 66. I can see a pool of blood on a green floor but cant follow the dots that may lead to my downed deer. I hate grid searches.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
drkeenan

Post by drkeenan »

one shot scott wrote:I would gladly spend 260 to be able to spot a light bloodtrail. You don't know how difficult it is being red/green colorblind. Heck I considered a thermal imager which is many times over that price.

And my type of colorblind isn't as rare as you may think.

http://www.toledo-bend.com/colorblind/Ishihara.asp

I got the 25, and kind of, sorta saw a 6 in the 56. I guessed 66. I can see a pool of blood on a green floor but cant follow the dots that may lead to my downed deer. I hate grid searches.
Sorry to hear it. I can't fathom the difficulty you have. Ever consider a blood tracking dog??
Micro 355 - (Mortal Cause II)
Stock String
Black Eagle Executioner Bolts
Tact Zone Scope
NAP SpitfiresXXX - 100 gn
ATN Shot Trak Video Camera
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I did try training my bud but hes deceased now, and my new one seems to have a great nose but is untested. The past year or so I have been fortunate that I have been able to call up my non color blind pals who are available

One guy I hunt with fairly frequently is worse off than I. Talk about the blind leading the blind lol! I try to shift the odds in my favor. choose my shots and use large expandables but it doesn't always go according to the plan.

I love the snow!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

There's lots of guys here with flashlights which emit colored light. They use red and green for spotting game since it reportedly doesn't startle game as white light would do.

My green flashlight has a five function feature which includes slow and fast flash and a zoom feature ( about 10.00 off ebay, directly from china). I don't have the red light with those features, though. If somebody does, can they try out what is explained as the science behind how these "blood lights" work?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

How does it work? Select through modes by clicking the pushbutton switch. The BloodTracker mode uses the green LEDs in conjuntion with flashing red LEDs - the blood will appear to flash back at you, since ground cover will tend to absorb red wavelengths and fresh blood will reflect it strongly!
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Totally unnecessary! And I have witnessed a couple of those light that not only don't work, but a couple are cheap gimmicks that should sell fer 5 bucks! The lights I am going to recommend not only work,,, have copies selling for the ridiculous prices you mention that are not as quality,,, machined threads, all are waterproof and all are backed by one of the best warranties in the industry! Not to mention a 30 day money back!! if not 100% satisfied!

Any quality led in Neutral White will give true color and red blood shows up like magic. Till recently all led lights were cool white, which cast a blue green to purple tint and hides or turns blood a more black or dark color camouflaging it in the shadows artificial light makes! The cheaper you buy the brighter the more cool its light it produces is, the only blue light that works with blood requiers a chemical spry on the blood to activate it!

Thrunite is one of the highest quality manufacturers and producing some of the most useful lights in the Neutral White led format. They also offer every light with a moonlight mode, which can be used in total dark early and late without giving up your location if you want, but giving enough light to find things in your pack or whatever without costing you your night vision and blinding you when its turned off.

They also are all regulated lights, this lets the light operate at its full brightness potential from a full chatge to almost complete discharge state!

Plus all have great steps of your choice in brightnes from moonlight, med, high and some low inbetween the first two settings.

a Ti5 is a AAA tiny penlight running on one AAA batterie and as bright as a mini mag on high with moonlight and medium,,,,, less than 25 bucks!

AA is a fine Archer A2 V3 with low med high and moonlight and I believe a sos mode. 35 bucks! great run times.

The Cadillac for hunters is a 18650 powered TN-12 available as a kit fer 50 bucks with the 18650 battery and charger that will also charge most any battery from AAA to C from Ni-mh Ni-cd Li-ion, and with a full charged 18650 in it can charge yer cell phone as it works as a charger or a power supply! 55 bucks!

Now if you want a headlamp the new TH20 is a single AA that will work with a 14500 instead and give you over 500 lumens but not only will give you your choice of low and high,, but is infinitely variable anywhere on between, and can remember where its set so you can set it where you want, then when you turn it off it will come back on at its last setting,,,, dynamight light super lightweight and under 30 bucks head strap and all!

everyone of these will work great locating blood with the Neutral White Led's and are backed with a 2 year full replacement warranty and 5 year repair. and the best thing is the biggest one is no bigger than a mini mag light and more powerful than a Mag Charger check em out, Amazon is an authorized distributor, I will assure you you will be delighted in the quality of these lights at their unbelievable price!

After I used a Neutron last year from Thrunite,, I was sold fer 39 bucks,,, now I own every one of the ones I mentioned except the Archer, I own it in the cool white just to prove my point,, I will never again buy a cool white flashlight!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Thanks for the detailed reply.

Asking for an opinion on "Blood Tracking Flashlights" seems to be a bit like asking someone whether they favor Clinton or Trump. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You'll receive an opinion and it will be a fervently held one, too.

I remember a long time ago reading product reviews of a Gerber version of a tracking light on the Cabellas' site. It was the nearest thing to a fist fight on the internet, the way the supporters and the detractors were going at it!
wvnitroman

Post by wvnitroman »

Not a light but i put peroxide in a spray bottle. Will make even the slightest blood or body fluid show up foaming white just like it does on a cut on your finger. Probably about one of the cheapest and most effective things you can use.