Favorite target

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

884savage

Favorite target

Post by 884savage »

Name your favorite target for both field points and broadheads. I'm shooting a Matrix 380 and Rage heads. Go....
Normous

Re: Favorite target

Post by Normous »

The Block for durability and stopping ability for both broadheads and field points.

Danny Miller pullers make arrow removal easy.

2nd choice is the Rinehart 18-1.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
884savage

Post by 884savage »

A regular Block target or the crossbow block?
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Fp morell yellow jacket bag
Bh 18-1
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
janesy

Post by janesy »

I tried out a bulldog Pug plus a month or so ago. It has since stopped probably 200 shots or more without a passthrough. Most of these shots have been over a chrony and it has stopped up to 382 no problem. I should add that I have only shot two dots out of six on each side , so it is very fair to say that the point of impact has always been within the same 2" circle for the vast majority of these shots at 15 yards. ( I haven't been sighting in exactly for ever string and riser swap)
Removal is easy but not nearly as easy as the ads say.
For 74 shipped with a lifetime warranty. I think it's the best deal going. No broad heads tho!
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Buck

Post by Buck »

Field Points and Bolt Cutters- The Block. Bolts get easier to pull with consistent shots. Unfortunately sooner or later the shafts will penetrate to Fletching.

All time favorite broad head target was a mature high and wide 11pointer. Unfortunately I only took one shot at it in 2009 and haven't seen anything like it since, although that target hangs on my wall..... I've been shopping for another ever since....
Micro 335 / Hawke XB30 Pro- Excal Sound Deadening System....
Matrix 350 SE / Hawke XB30 Compact - Couldn't say no......
308 Shorty / Hawke XB30 Pro- Tack driver ....
Axe 340 Raid / Hawke XB30 Compact - ....
ThackMan

Post by ThackMan »

I use a Delta McKenzie Speedbag 20/20 for field tips.

For broadheads get as many cardboard boxes as you can find flatten them, stack them and then band them (or ratchet strap them).
Works great stopping them and if one gets stuck just take the target apart. It's like a poor man's block target.
BD400 w/ TT, HHA, Leupold 2-7x 33mm, 8ptbuk String, Munch Mount "Y", Kwikee-3SS, Dr Stirrup Kit
Grizzly, 8ptbuk String
18" SSST 112 gr Insert, SK300, Ignitor
18" BEZS 110 gr insert, Blazers, Lumenok
VPA 3 blade vented 100 gr
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I've had the Block, Morrell Outdoor Range, the Black Hole, Spyderweb, 18-in-1, and the Rhinoblock. My favorite for broadheads is the Rhinoblock because of the larger shooting area and replaceable midsection. And my all time favorite for field points, even over my Spyderweb Crossbow Target is the Rag Bag by Third Hand Archery. The Spyderweb is fantastic and has easier arrow removal where any arrow shot from the most powerful bow even from close range, can be removed literally by a two year old. However, with the accuracy of these bows, after about three arrows shot into the exact same hole you'll start burying the arrows. Just my thoughts.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

paulaboutform wrote:I've had the Block, Morrell Outdoor Range, the Black Hole, Spyderweb, 18-in-1, and the Rhinoblock. My favorite for broadheads is the Rhinoblock because of the larger shooting area and replaceable midsection. And my all time favorite for field points, even over my Spyderweb Crossbow Target is the Rag Bag by Third Hand Archery. The Spyderweb is fantastic and has easier arrow removal where any arrow shot from the most powerful bow even from close range, can be removed literally by a two year old. However, with the accuracy of these bows, after about three arrows shot into the exact same hole you'll start burying the arrows. Just my thoughts.

Paul
$64 Question...... Once the Third Hand Rag Bag target is filled, it is a great target for field points, but how do you move it? It is big, awkward, and heavy as HELL!! I have been using a wheel barrow but it's not ideal. Give me some better ideas please.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I am using the 18-1 and have had it for a few years now. Very portable and I shoot fp and fixed head BH's in to it. It's holding up well so far as long as I rotate the target once in awhile..
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.