Just When You REALLY Get To Like A Broadhead

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hi5

Just When You REALLY Get To Like A Broadhead

Post by Hi5 »

Just when you really get to like a broadhead, that's when it's going to get discontinued.

I have used the G5 Striker Magnum for several years now. It's a fixed, three blade, cut on contact, one and one half inch cut. It's strong. It's accurate. I just like them. They work, and work well.

Now I see that Cabela's Canada has dropped them. They are available in Cabela's USA, but shipping, handling, and brokerage is a killer. Bass Pro Canada doesn't carry them. Neither does Wholesale Sports. Maybe some some small shops will special order them, but the price will be exorbitant.

If the big retailers are dropping them, that will be the end, I'd expect. It's a shame, because they were top notch in my book. If I get to travel into the USA, and get to Cabela's, I think I'm going to have to fill my suitcase with broadheads and replacement blades.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Eck

Re: Just When You REALLY Get To Like A Broadhead

Post by Eck »

I wouldn't confuse a product being discontinued with being dropped by a retailer. I'm sure the broadheads just didn't meet the sales volume parameters set by that retailer.
Micro 335
Matrix 380
Boofest 2016 Matrix 330
Trigger Techs all around
125 gr. QAD Exodus (Micro) 100 gr Slicks otherwise
Strings by Vixenmaster
Arrows by Xcaliber
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Just checked out Amazon.ca and they have them. There $69 with free shipping so if bought in USA $40 USA dollars and shipping will be around the same price Canadian.

Link to Amazon.ca : https://www.amazon.ca/G5-Outdoors-183-S ... B000KOPTA2
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

G5 makes the Blackout series for Bass Pro Shops, and they used to have one nearly identical to the Striker.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
GunsiteScout

Post by GunsiteScout »

My hunt camp was pretty bummed out when Rage 3 blade SlipCam 100gr broadband was discontinued. We haven't lost a deer yet using them. They never travel more than 50 yards before they expire.I bought a few 3 packs as quickly as I could find them. Now I'm on the hunt for a replacement. Be nice to get a fixed blade broadhead for a change.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Hi5 wrote:Just when you really get to like a broadhead, that's when it's going to get discontinued.

I have used the G5 Striker Magnum for several years now. It's a fixed, three blade, cut on contact, one and one half inch cut. It's strong. It's accurate. I just like them. They work, and work well.

Now I see that Cabela's Canada has dropped them. They are available in Cabela's USA, but shipping, handling, and brokerage is a killer. Bass Pro Canada doesn't carry them. Neither does Wholesale Sports. Maybe some some small shops will special order them, but the price will be exorbitant.

If the big retailers are dropping them, that will be the end, I'd expect. It's a shame, because they were top notch in my book. If I get to travel into the USA, and get to Cabela's, I think I'm going to have to fill my suitcase with broadheads and replacement blades.

....get someone from the states to buy it for you...sneak it over the boarder when they come to Boofest 2017 and you come and pick them up....easy peasy ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

most buy over e-bay vrs cabelas their prices are terrible .Same with Bass pro shop...
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

eBay is full of knock offs and rip offs be careful. Try the G5 non magnum strikers, they actually fly better at longer distances. As close a second choice as you will get. I was told that the magnum model was bigger blades only so you should be able to just replace your last magnum blades with regular striker blades and it will be cheapest option as well.
youngbuck1

Post by youngbuck1 »

i work at shooters choice in waterloo we have strikers and we do ship give us a call or go online WWW.Shooterschoice.com

mike schnarr shooterschoice Reatail staff
Pro-staff for team gobblestalker
pro-staff at Turkey tuque
DUCKS UNLIMITED CANADA
Turkey callers of canada
http://www.gobblestalkercalls.com
type1 diabetic since 2003
mike schnarr :P
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Thanks for the replies and suggestions.

I located a sale for 125g Striker Magnums at Archer's Nook at $44.00 Canadian for 3 broadheads. That's a very good price if anyone else uses that brand/model.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.