Axiom Rail

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

WNYBILL

Axiom Rail

Post by WNYBILL »

In the quest for a quieter xbow I was going to put foam in the rail but the rail on my Axiom is solid, not hollow, and I see no way to put anything inside it. The way it looks to me, there is no way it is going to vibrate anyway. My rail appears to be a composite, but I understand some are aluminum. Are the aluminum rails hollow? Is there a benefit, aluminum over composite?

Bill
jefrohio

Re: Axiom Rail

Post by jefrohio »

The only benefit to having an aluminum rail is it looks Purdy and a better resale value. It will harvest game just as well as an aluminum rail. I have both, and the plastic rail seems a bit lighter a bit quieter in my opinion.
My SMF Ibex with the s5, 30 strand Flemish and 435gr arrow is the quietest Excalibur I own. Jefro
Matrimax
Ibex
Camx
Max point
Grizzly
Cub
JerseyJeff

Post by JerseyJeff »

My wife shoots an Axiom, and is really happy with it. I don't see any downside to to the SMF construction. It's a solid performer. In fact, last night we were picking up some last-minute scent control products at the local Dick's, and spoke with a man and his spam-age son who were considering the purchase of a crossbow for the boy. I really "sang the praises" of Excaliburs to them, explaining how a Grizzly would be an excellent choice.
I also suggested that he would be better served by paying a visit to a near-by bow shop/Excalibur dealer.

Jeff
Matrix 355
Axiom
NRA
UBNJ
DU
Minnow

Post by Minnow »

I have an ibex smf (same bow with the thumb hole stock) and love it! Grizzly is also composite and every grizzly owner on here loves there bow. The one thing I was told and not 100% sure of is that they don't make a dr. Stirrup for the composite bows but I don't need one for this bow anyways. I have the s5 string stops, a Flemish string and I wrapped the stirrup. I don't think it will get much quieter than it is and I really don't need it to. Good luck with ur axiom! It's a great bow
Ibex SMF
Zombies
Cheek rest
S5
Stock extender