Shooting Rest?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Big Woods

Shooting Rest?

Post by Big Woods »

Does anyone use a shooting rest with their crossbow and can you recommend one? Is there anything out there that works well out of a treestand?

Thanks!!
mr meat

Re: Shooting Rest?

Post by mr meat »

Picked up a shooting rail from bass pro,think it was made by Big Game tree stands! That was a couple of years ago and Kathy won,t sit in a stand with out one!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I use a Caldwell Treepod it cradles the crossbow vary well .
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

Bob Walkins makes nice shooting stick, I don't practice or hunt with out mine. :D
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

,,,,yep! On Crossbow nation Bob mentions that he shutdown his website and you can order direct from him...

....$32.95 plus $9.50 shipping...

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
mmc

Post by mmc »

Costs only $10.97 to find out if you like them. Walmart has the entry-level Allen monopod that works pretty well in any stand with an expanded metal floor. Just slip some rubber tubing over the end of it (so its quiet as you sweep left or right to aim) and poke it through any desired hole in the grating of the treestand floor. Extends from about 18 inches to 61 inches and locks at any length between. The top (includes a loop for your wrist or attaching to your belt for transport) cradle is soft coated plastic that screws off so you can change or alter the rest easily. I have one in every stand I hunt, since the cheapest stuff never seems to get stolen.
Current interest: VPA non-vented 125gr, 150gr, 175gr broadhead flight for long range
ageless mind

Post by ageless mind »

I too have been looking at rests. After seeing prices in the store ive decided to buy a V-Yoke for my camera bipod.