Scentlok ozone thingy?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Quintehunter

Re: Scentlok ozone thingy?

Post by Quintehunter »

Boo wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:07 pm
longbow joe wrote:Its sad that a hunter has to drag an electronic device like this in order to have sucess its more trouble than its worth what happened to good old scent control and hunting the wind ...the basic fundamentals of hunting .
I might be wrong, but, I think it's more like marketing companies creating a need where there really isn't and people getting sucked into the hype.
Exactly my thought as well. Most fishing lures are designed to catch fishermen and if they actually catch a fish, that's a bonus!
gwhuntr

Post by gwhuntr »

A little of the topic but has anyone tried or use a HECS suit?
Last edited by gwhuntr on Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GregO
>>>------->

Ibex
Ten Point Pro Elite Arrows
125 gr Magnus Stingers
Lumenoks
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I drag enough crap into the woods without that thing!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
janesy

Post by janesy »

Might help cover up a couple farts in a fully enclosed stand. Every little bit helps.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Boo

Post by Boo »

What a bunch of horse poop! I've had a young mulie doe within nose grabbing range. I escaped detection by staying still and having the wind in my face. No camo either! Black pants and dark green jacket, back against a fence post and in snow no less! Truly amazing what some people will buy if the marketing is well done. When guys buy this sort of garbage, they're trying to buy a deer, not earn it.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

If you walk into your stand and deer crosses it they will figure out where you are like Boo said..Old doe will figure it out that you are in tree and stare right at you...

Buck if he crosses your path he is HISTORY and not coming back..This is why if Buck knows I am there I take stand climber out and set up in another location...

pressured Bucks on publicland act different than farm food plot Bucks on scent..

THIS is why most in my area only hunt archery the RUT week but put out doe scent and you will not see a doe they will avoid area ..

So you have to use wind to help you and as you get older its hard in archery ..

I smoke my clothes in coffee can at truck with oak leaves before I walk to my stand..old school taught to me by dad and his dad ..
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Boo wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:45 pm
The single biggest flaw in odor control is stopping the scent that comes from breathing...........
Don, if a guy gets one of those ozoney thingeys to clean away the rest of his scent, would he be able to make things work if he practiced up until he could hold his breath for a half hour or say 45 minutes at a time? Or, should he be done with it and simply get one of those astronaut carbon dioxide air scrubbers with an air tight helmet?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Ozone is a very strong method to kill mold, bacteria and works for eliminating odors. It is also used in industrial settings for sterilizing. They are used in households after a flood for the above reasons. I use them to eliminate mold, mildew and stink from cars(ac systems). I also use it on my hunting clothes. I do not use one in stand due mostly to the cost of the unit, but in theory I can see it working to lessen your stink including the breath. Sure its always wise to hunt the wind but we all know that deer sometime show up downwind. One thing I know is that it seems I see more deer when I put all my different methods to try to lessen my scent to use, rather than doing nothing and hunting only the wind. Can ya hunt without ozone? heck ya, but if ya want to perhaps increase your odds and ya have some extra $$ I think there are worse ways to spend
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

The Ozonics HR 200 has come down in price. The unit is very packable, takes less then two minutes to mount fire up and be in working order. Most seem to forget that the deer that are close to your stand or ground blind know your there. Unless you can move along the dirt beneath your feet unlike a predator? They know, along with their nose you can't beat their ears. Yes hunt the wind. Instead of buying another bow third, forth, fifth? Try an ozone unit, can't recall seeing many hunters carrying out multiple bows to their setup? That day may come for some? I'll stick with my Ozonics..
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

I don't condemn anything or any gadgets that makes people feel more accomplished as a stealthy hunter! To each their own, if they think it will help then so be it. No need on trying to make them feel any less of a hunter because they try a gadget! As long as a hunter is respectful to the game and the sport who cares what they carry and use! Personally, I would never buy such of an expensive product because I do the normal bathing, cleaning my hunting clothes occasionally and hunt the winds. I do agree that this sport is becoming too technical and loosing part of the identity. Hunting was never meant to be easy or a guaranteed outcome. That's why it's called "hunting" and not shopping. Just my opinion for what it's worth. ;)
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Hi5 wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:49 pm
Boo wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:45 pm
The single biggest flaw in odor control is stopping the scent that comes from breathing...........
Don, if a guy gets one of those ozoney thingeys to clean away the rest of his scent, would he be able to make things work if he practiced up until he could hold his breath for a half hour or say 45 minutes at a time? Or, should he be done with it and simply get one of those astronaut carbon dioxide air scrubbers with an air tight helmet?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Best bet is to breath thru your nose for hrs no breathing out your mouth at all... :wink:
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Best thing since sliced bread, wash yer azz wid bakin soad n let yer furbabys lay on yer huntin clothes!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
gwhuntr

Post by gwhuntr »

gwhuntr wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:54 pm
A little of the topic but has anyone tried or use a HECS suit?
GregO
>>>------->

Ibex
Ten Point Pro Elite Arrows
125 gr Magnus Stingers
Lumenoks
Boo

Post by Boo »

bigbowman wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:03 am
I don't condemn anything or any gadgets that makes people feel more accomplished as a stealthy hunter! To each their own, if they think it will help then so be it. No need on trying to make them feel any less of a hunter because they try a gadget! As long as a hunter is respectful to the game and the sport who cares what they carry and use! Personally, I would never buy such of an expensive product because I do the normal bathing, cleaning my hunting clothes occasionally and hunt the winds. I do agree that this sport is becoming too technical and loosing part of the identity. Hunting was never meant to be easy or a guaranteed outcome. That's why it's called "hunting" and not shopping. Just my opinion for what it's worth. ;)
You're right and I apologize if I made anyone feel I was demeaning.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I use cover scent weather it be pine ,hemlock ,or spruce oil. I have been using a product called deer dander from Fitzgerald works great it is synthetic don't think I spelled that right any way with it I have had deer come within petting distance .