Scentlok ozone thingy?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

WarriorWithin

Scentlok ozone thingy?

Post by WarriorWithin »

Anyone here ever use this?

https://scentlokenforcer.ca/

The price is right compared to other ozone generators I've seen but not sure if it works. Any thoughts?

Thanks
mr meat

Re: Scentlok ozone thingy?

Post by mr meat »

I have one but not used it yet! We bought a plug in one for the house and it seems to work well!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Boo

Post by Boo »

The single biggest flaw in odor control is stopping the scent that comes from breathing. Better to hunt the wind.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Boo wrote:The single biggest flaw in odor control is stopping the scent that comes from breathing. Better to hunt the wind.
....and the result of eating "pasta fagioli!" :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Boo

Post by Boo »

amythntr wrote:
Boo wrote:The single biggest flaw in odor control is stopping the scent that comes from breathing. Better to hunt the wind.
....and the result of eating "pasta fagioli!" :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Anthony :)
That makes a smell on the other end! :shock:
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Its sad that a hunter has to drag an electronic device like this in order to have sucess its more trouble than its worth what happened to good old scent control and hunting the wind ...the basic fundamentals of hunting .....whats next a predetor mirror suit for cryin out loud!
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Boo

Post by Boo »

longbow joe wrote:Its sad that a hunter has to drag an electronic device like this in order to have sucess its more trouble than its worth what happened to good old scent control and hunting the wind ...the basic fundamentals of hunting .
I might be wrong, but, I think it's more like marketing companies creating a need where there really isn't and people getting sucked into the hype.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Oh well boo...I remember when i used to make fun of crossbows ..maby some day when were old and stink and need a scent machine we will be eatin our words lol.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
acreek

Post by acreek »

I hunt the wind but I don't rely on it. The deer in the hills where I hunt move every which way you can imagine in any given wind direction. Deer will inevitably be downwind of me sometime. I don't use expensive electronic gadgets for scent control but I do shower before my hunts, wear clothes washed in scent free detergent, wear scent lock camo that is stored in a scent free bag and put on after I get out of my truck, wear rubber boots that are only used for hunting and which are also put on after getting out of my truck, spray myself down with scent killer spray, and chew a spearmint or peppermint gum. I also dress light so I don't sweat walking into my stands, and do this even if it means I'll be cold four hours later, which I often am.

My method/madness might sound extreme but it works.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

acreek wrote:I hunt the wind but I don't rely on it. The deer in the hills where I hunt move every which way you can imagine in any given wind direction. Deer will inevitably be downwind of me sometime. I don't use expensive electronic gadgets for scent control but I do shower before my hunts, wear clothes washed in scent free detergent, wear scent lock camo that is stored in a scent free bag and put on after I get out of my truck, wear rubber boots that are only used for hunting and which are also put on after getting out of my truck, spray myself down with scent killer spray, and chew a spearmint or peppermint gum. I also dress light so I don't sweat walking into my stands, and do this even if it means I'll be cold four hours later, which I often am.

My method/madness might sound extreme but it works.
....I do all of that ANDsmoke a nice fat stogie on my drive out while drinking my espresso....the deer love it! 8)

Anthony :mrgreen:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Big Pard

Post by Big Pard »

Fellas I have hunted a number of years in an area where does believe their nose. These deer are high pressured and don't stick around if they smell or sense danger. These are some things I do that increases success for me.

1. Hunt as far as possible from where you bait or where the sign is.

2. Hunt high. In my climber I get as high as I feel comfortable. Around 30ft. (always use a fall restraint)

3. I do not put much faith in electronic scent eliminators or any scent lok products.

4. I wash my hunting clothes in unscented detergent and use unscented shampoo and deodorant.

5. I was never a fan of using scents as an attractant but I must say that using a BUCK BOMB is very good at masking human odor with the off chance at attracting deer. It is very pungent and its spray style makes it easy to saturate the bushes around your set.

During this time of year its hard to be scent free due to sweating while getting to ones stand. You hair acts like a wick when its wet with sweat as well as your clothes. Its like a dog. He has a smell but when a dog gets wet he smells 10x stronger... Just food for thought.
Micro 335
Dead Zone Scope
Vixenmaster String
Munch Mount
Zombie Slayers
100gr Slick Trick
WarriorWithin

Post by WarriorWithin »

Wow, some great discussion that I was not expecting from my thread but it's very welcome. I understand why some don't see or have a need for a gizmo like this. I use much of the same scent reducing techniques you guys mentioned and was curious about this electronic gadget as I'm skeptical about some of it's claims. What intrigued me about it was using it where you store your hunting clothes before going out. It even states it removes odors from hockey bags which got me thinking this could be a useful item to prep my clothes before a hunt. Anywho, I'm not running out to grab one of these things just yet but it is something I'll be keeping an eye on!
kman35ca

Post by kman35ca »

I've got a small plug in ozone generator and it does work great a killing smells. I use it in my truck, leave it plugged in over night and in the morning it smells great. The science is proven that ozone does kill scent. Whether paying 600$ for an ozonics is worth it. Idk. I do know some archers that swear by them. I'm going to use mine on my gear as well as some stuff called Carbon Synergy. At least it could give me a placebo effect... Still no plans on not hunting the wind though.
Matrix 380
Pretty stock, for now.....
First crossbow
Reinyrooster

Post by Reinyrooster »

I find it funny that people will spend tons of money on a new crossbow, and argue about which arrows are the best, go to extreme measures to gain or reduce their arrows by a few grains, buy and test 6 different broadheads etc.etc.etc and yet be so quick to bash something new that they generally don't understand. Ozone kills human odour. While using the wind is no doubt the best advice, we all now wind swirls and changes direction at the most inopportune times. We all rely on sprays to help eliminate our scent so why not use ozone as well. It's not like you have to drag anything else out into the field with you. You throw your hunting clothes into the bag on your drive from home to where you park. You plug the ozone generator that comes with the bag into your cigarette lighter when you leave the driveway and by the time you get to where you park, your clothes are free of human odour.
Easy peasy.
mikej

Post by mikej »

Have any of you guys tried this yet ? I'm thinking of trying one
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective