Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

one shot scott

Re: Scentlok ozone thingy?

Post by one shot scott »

Boo wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:01 pm
bigbowman wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:03 am
I don't condemn anything or any gadgets that makes people feel more accomplished as a stealthy hunter! To each their own, if they think it will help then so be it. No need on trying to make them feel any less of a hunter because they try a gadget! As long as a hunter is respectful to the game and the sport who cares what they carry and use! Personally, I would never buy such of an expensive product because I do the normal bathing, cleaning my hunting clothes occasionally and hunt the winds. I do agree that this sport is becoming too technical and loosing part of the identity. Hunting was never meant to be easy or a guaranteed outcome. That's why it's called "hunting" and not shopping. Just my opinion for what it's worth. ;)
You're right and I apologize if I made anyone feel I was demeaning.
Anyone who knows ya, knows that it's not in your nature to be demeaning.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
mikej

Post by mikej »

one shot scott wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:04 pm
Boo wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:01 pm
bigbowman wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:03 am
I don't condemn anything or any gadgets that makes people feel more accomplished as a stealthy hunter! To each their own, if they think it will help then so be it. No need on trying to make them feel any less of a hunter because they try a gadget! As long as a hunter is respectful to the game and the sport who cares what they carry and use! Personally, I would never buy such of an expensive product because I do the normal bathing, cleaning my hunting clothes occasionally and hunt the winds. I do agree that this sport is becoming too technical and loosing part of the identity. Hunting was never meant to be easy or a guaranteed outcome. That's why it's called "hunting" and not shopping. Just my opinion for what it's worth. ;)
You're right and I apologize if I made anyone feel I was demeaning.
Anyone who knows ya, knows that it's not in your nature to be demeaning.
I definitely agree
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

Boo knows I wasn’t referring to him personally! I was just making a general observation and opinion.
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Bowman, I'm sure don knows that as does everyone else. You showed up in my post b/c I quoted don, and he quoted you. No disrespect intended on my part

Season opens Sunday here. I'm still trying to decide to apply ozone to my hunting gear or hang them above a smoke generator
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

Lol ... never heard of the smoke generator! I always hang mine in the barn or the corn crib. The deer here are used to the farm scents. 😉
Brian
Micro.slayer

Post by Micro.slayer »

If you guys are thinking about buying a Scent lok Ozone. That particular model. If you google . And look hard enough. You will find a White unit exactly like the scent lok . Because they are the original maker of that unit. Scent lok must have cut a deal with them . They are 1/3 the price . $45.00 not $145.00. I looked at it close ... The same
Jozzer

Post by Jozzer »

What is the best way to keep chlothes scent free.. preferences on hunting laundry detergent.. baking soda.. borax what is everyonea preference?
350 le
Crossfire ii scope
Acp trigger 2nd stage
Boo custom string
Micro.slayer

Post by Micro.slayer »

If you think about what an Ozone machine does. Kills Mold Bacteria and odors. Can't be good for your health. If you have that close to your face. Above you in stand. Don't get me wrong I want all the advantages . Deer are very smart. But Ozone your clothes. Don't breathe it . Don't have it with you. I did some research on it. Not healthy.
Micro.slayer

Post by Micro.slayer »

I use scent free soaps. But last year I went back to using Baking soda w/ scent free soap. And little bit of baking soda in the shower
Micro.slayer

Post by Micro.slayer »

I also have a smoker. That the guys use for Bee Hives . Put cedar chips in and light them up! And smoke your clothes. Have not done this yet but. Some guys swear by this method
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

I use Hunters Specialty no scent on my clothes only when they get too bloody from field dressing my deer. I hang them in the barn to dry also. Otherwise I hang mine in the barn after every hunt.