Evercalm

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

Evercalm

Post by longbow joe »

Im a big fan of regular doe p . I really like the tinks spray . I use it very generously all year. I tried evercalm this week deer have reacted positive but i have a feeling and my nose is telling me its doe p embeded in wax .....at a high price. Anybody have any input.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Predator55

Re: Evercalm

Post by Predator55 »

Could be, but it last longer on my boots, and I use it as I walk in to my stand. I have had deer walk right across my path stop and smell and continue with no panic. Plus, it's much easier to use and I don't get it all over me lol.
catclr

Post by catclr »

If your looking for something to spray on your boots to walk to your stand, the least cost product is Red Fox Urine.
Don't buy it from the company selling deer products, but get it at a trappers supply place, as they have the pure stuff, and don't try and rip you off with the cost. I get mine here------www.wildlifecall.com
Matrix 355----Scorpion
Hawke XB1
DrStirrup Products All
nchunterkw,Boo strings
Steelforce B.H.
Magnus B.H. Ser-Razor 125 gr.
SPYNAL TAPP
Nufletch Ignitors
NockOut Lighted Nocks
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....WE USE IT ALL OF THE TIME AND SWEAR BY IT!

....also Dick's is running a sale as we speaK!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

one of the few scents i will use love this stuff
kman35ca

Post by kman35ca »

Good to hear. Bought some lil while back. I read it was made by a guy who worked on a deer farm and realized from being in the stable or whatever they used to bed the deer he realized when he went hunting after work that deer wherent spooked by his smell. So it's made to simulate a deer bed. So ya it's piss.
Matrix 380
Pretty stock, for now.....
First crossbow
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

amythntr wrote:....WE USE IT ALL OF THE TIME AND SWEAR BY IT!

....also Dick's is running a sale as we speaK!

Anthony :)
Yep!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

For some reason my wife might not like me melting bees wax on the stove and mixing it in with doe p .It wouldnt smell as good as my home made vanilla killer. ...maby its not that expensive after all. Lol theres no price tag on her moaning about it.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Never heard of putting doe scent on my boots.only fox scent and rubber boots only.

changing scents from what most use sometimes helps on doe scent..
did you know a doe will avoid area with doe scent?Seen it a lot here lately in pa on publicland..So if you are after doe do not use it...

i use no scents until RUT ..I use code blue but tinks is fine...I only hunt a Buck ..i get code blue at wal-mart for 8 bucks ...

doe bring in bucks in early season like now SO i use NO SCENTS at all..none ....
acreek

Post by acreek »

I use scents every now and then but I swear I tend to see more bucks when I do not use commercial scents. I think they could (at least the ones I have used) scare deer off. And as stated above, I think if an actual doe in heat smelled a fake doe in heat and believed there actually was another doe in heat in the area it might cause the real actual doe in heat to stay away from the area because she doesn't want to compete. That would not be good. The best decoy is a live doe walking by your stand, and I don't want to scare her away.

It is fun seeing a buck make an immediate 90 degree turn when he gets downwind of an estrous scent though. Problem is, I wonder how many deer and especially bucks I've not seen because of commercial scents.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

It may be way i use scents so i am asking for help from friend on here ..
Last edited by sproulman on Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

There are 4 scents that I like to use.
1. Deer Dander. It is used early on when a doe will fill the freezer just fine!
2. Ever Calm. Same as above, but bucks have been known to follow the trail too, and more often than Deer Dander in my experiences. Both are Herding Type scents designed to mask human odors typically found on boots while walking trails from parking areas. I apply them once i get off the main trails where I know I'll cut deer trails, for me they have worked well.
3. Code Blue Doe Estrous Gel. I only use this in the pre-rut phase when bucks start rubbing and scraping, and seeking areas out. I stop using it mid November after the rut has kicked in, and the bucks are typically locked down. 3rd week of October when rattling is a good idea here in my neck of the woods is prime time to use this stuff.
4. VSI by the makers of Ever Calm. 2nd week of November on through 2nd week of December if buck hunting ONLY! It will run the doe off in a hurry. It is used best in my experiences with a decoy on a field edge.

Have fun, hunt hard, and be safe kids! 8)
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

I believe I will stop using any "Doe In Heat" scents. Last year I had a decent buck follow a doe close to my stand, but once she got a wiff of the doe in heat she turned around and left with the buck right behind her. I figure she didn't want to bring him near another hot doe when she herself was ready to breed! There was a few other does with 15 yards of my stand but she was having nothing to do with that scent in the area.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

BrotherRon wrote:I believe I will stop using any "Doe In Heat" scents. Last year I had a decent buck follow a doe close to my stand, but once she got a wiff of the doe in heat she turned around and left with the buck right behind her. I figure she didn't want to bring him near another hot doe when she herself was ready to breed! There was a few other does with 15 yards of my stand but she was having nothing to do with that scent in the area.
Ron, here in pa we are seeing it big time .I also have stopped it and only use it in rut week when you are seeing bucks running all day...if you find a scrape just put a few drops in it BUT the bucks will sit all day watching that scrap and when you come to your stand he is gone..

no doubt i lost bucks because of the doe scents ...this year i am only putting some drops of it in fresh scraps and setting upthere..
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Coon urine is what I use on the bottom of my boots and at the base of my tree. Less of a predator, works well for me. Never had any commercial attractants work, like many have stated seems to alert more then attract. A fresh buck tarsal gland will work! Just be mindful of your state regulations...
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott