Older Excalibur Bows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pickwick

Older Excalibur Bows

Post by Pickwick »

Just wondering out loud here. How do the older Excalibur bows shoot and feel? I mean, do they seem "softer" at the shot compared to the new, shorter limbed bows? I have only shot one, the 330, but looking at the longer limbed bows, it would seem that they would not be as "violent" when you pull the trigger. Maybe a little slower, but more quiet and smooth. Kind of like in the compound world. My older Mathews Switchback XT felt a lot smoother than the shorter Z7 Extreme that I currently own. Again, just wondering.
vixenmaster

Re: Older Excalibur Bows

Post by vixenmaster »

The older carved tip models wid dacon strings feel like a divin board when you pull the trigger :lol: . The newer mag tip models are a crisper feel when shot :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

I wouldn't hesitate to shoot against any other bow with my Beast. When I squeeze the trigger she hums her death song and speeds to where ever I point her.
Hank
Pickwick

Post by Pickwick »

Divin board, thats what I was wondering. Im thinking that would be quite comfortable to shoot!
jparchery

Post by jparchery »

I have an Exomag, I prefer it over the newer style bows. The only disadvantage is size. I've owned a matrix 355 which had issues and a matrix 405 which is rotting in a scrap yard. The older exo-bows are indestructible, and if you hunt big game animals like black bear, deer and moose like myself, it's important to trust your gear. If all you ever do is shoot targets it doesn't matter which bow you choose. I wouldn't want to notice a "splinter" on my limb while on a tree stand waiting for a 350lbs bear to come to my bait.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

The older bows were great and it's what most of us started with. My first bow was the Exocet 200 Fast forward to today with my Micro 315/335. Every time I pick up my little bow I smile a bit because of its ease of handling in the tree stand and it excels as a ground hunting bow.

My Micro is 100% reliable so far and I shoot the heck out of it. The thought of it letting me down even on a remote bear hunt doesn't even cross my mind.. :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Exactly what Jeff said...started with a Vortex but absolutely love my Gen 1 Micro. The size makes all the difference for me. I do a lot of ground hunting but also from ladder stands and my climber. And the Micro is hard to beat. And it is plenty powerful too. Look at my avatar. My Micro put a 500gr arrow completely through that bison at 30yds.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
WNYBILL

Post by WNYBILL »

I have an Axiom and like the accuracy and ease of cocking... and uncocking. Excalibur made their reputation with these long limbed bows! How much harder do the short bows cock? I have been thinking about a Grizzly or ???????

Bill
Jim22

Post by Jim22 »

I have a Vixen and a Grizzly and the Grizzly is just as easy to cock as the Vixen due to the shorter power stroke. The difference in the two being the Grizzly being shorter, narrower and a little lighter. One seems as loud as the other to me but then I'm half way deaf anyhow.
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

I started with a full camo Exomax and i still have it. I will never part with it. If its an Excalibur it cant be beat. I have owed 14 of them and each one was DEADLY Accurate with is own personally and with the thought of how great Excaliburs Warranty is you cant go wrong with any of them you pick for yourself.
22LR

Post by 22LR »

I have a Vortex and haven't shot any of the newer model Excaliburs but enjoy my old model.
Excalibur Vortex
Nikon Bolt XR 3x32mm scope
Gold Tip laser III bolts
Assortment of broadheads
Ten point Stealth FX4
HHA OPTIMIZER/Hawke optimizer 3x32mm scope
Ten point pro elite bolts
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

WNYBILL wrote:I have an Axiom and like the accuracy and ease of cocking... and uncocking. Excalibur made their reputation with these long limbed bows! How much harder do the short bows cock? I have been thinking about a Grizzly or ???????

Bill
That bow with the shorter draw, for me is easier to cock, than the same poundage exo series. Forget the hype on failed limbs never seen a drizzly go down,,,, even with the limbs that were weakened by improper finishing!

Henry Ford made his reputation with a down draft carb and a hand crank in a model "A",, I drive a 4x4 with fuel injection and electric start today. :wink:

I agree Excalibur made their reputation on the EXO series, I hunt with a Matrix today!

That old ford still goes down the road, just not as smooth, quiet, or fast as that 4X4, same with the old Excalibur's,, Both proven dependable, I've owned em all from a 150 Vixen to a 290# 405,, never a problem from any!

Choose yer weapon and know you have the most used bow in the woods, and the most maintenance free at the same time,, "JUST HUNT"
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Older bows must be good. The prices of the old exo series went up in price according to trading post. Also you now see very few up for sale. GGRRR!!!! :lol: .
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

I started with a 200-lb draw Exomag. Several years later when I got the M380 I opted to keep ol' faithful as a backup. The 380 has been utterly reliable and I haven't needed the Exo as a backup, but my buddy did. He hunted with it a few weeks after his wheeled bow exploded in the back of his truck after a partial dry fire when unloading in the dark :oops: I still like to shoot it and have no plans to part with it.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers