Did I pull the trigger too quick?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wsisk

Did I pull the trigger too quick?

Post by wsisk »

Am I a proud owner of a micro 335 or not? time will tell I quess.....

All of a sudden I am seeing the good people on this fourm letting go of the micro bows.Did I or you not do enough research on this series :?: Should I reconsider and go with the matrix series :?:

Signed confussed :roll:
MIcro 335 GEN 2
Widow Maker/ Undertaker
Nchunterkw Strings
Vixenmaster Slave Stringer
Cabelas Laser Stricker 11 Broadheads
Normous

Re: Did I pull the trigger too quick?

Post by Normous »

wsisk wrote:Am I a proud owner of a micro 335 or not? time will tell I quess.....

All of a sudden I am seeing the good people on this fourm letting go of the micro bows.Did I or you not do enough research on this series :?: Should I reconsider and go with the matrix series :?:

Signed confussed :roll:
This is strange, I looked all the back to August 1st and there is not one Micro 335 listed for sale for the last two months in our Trading Post.
Where did you find all these good people you mention? I have not seen this trend.
You have a awesome Excalibur Micro 335 and the model is very popular. Shoot in confidence!
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
wsisk

Post by wsisk »

Look at micro vs matrix and any new gear posted this week :cry:
MIcro 335 GEN 2
Widow Maker/ Undertaker
Nchunterkw Strings
Normous

Post by Normous »

wsisk wrote:Look at micro vs matrix and any new gear posted this week :cry:
I did and not one forum member mentioned letting go of a Micro 335.

It is no news that Excalibur had a batch run (out of their control) regarding limbs subjected to higher limb coating temperatures and issues resulted. This issue was fixed long ago.

"The Sky Isn't Falling" and no need to imply it.

Read the post by mmc:
copy/paste
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... 7&start=15
Last edited by Normous on Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
mmc

Post by mmc »

Each model is different in some way and each model performs differently. Each fit the buyer in ways (and for purposes) that only they, as an individual, can fully understand. All of them are very reliable and solid performers though. If you like the Micro better than the Matrix series, then you have made the ideal decision for yourself, one that fits your particular needs the best! Simple as that...
Current interest: VPA non-vented 125gr, 150gr, 175gr broadhead flight for long range
wsisk

Post by wsisk »

Normous wrote:

It is no news that Excalibur had a batch run (out of their control) regarding limbs subjected to higher limb coating temperatures and issues resulted. This issue was fixed long ago.

Read the post by mmc:
copy/paste
I saw where ed traded his and anthony is conserding his under new gear. Also wildcaitter said hed never own another another under micro vs matrix
Last edited by wsisk on Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MIcro 335 GEN 2
Widow Maker/ Undertaker
Nchunterkw Strings
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Oh no! .........wiskers now you got the angry mob after you run run like the wind n load your micro up to fend em off. Lololololol go read my micro parononia post i put in a year ago ...youl feel better dont worry about your micro itl be fine.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Normous

Post by Normous »

No worries, shoot the bow that fits you best with a suitable cocking force as suggested in many prior posts.
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
wsisk

Post by wsisk »

longbow joe wrote:Oh no! .........wiskers now you got the angry mob after you run run like the wind n load your micro up to fend em off. Lololololol go read my micro parononia post i put in a year ago ...youl feel better dont worry about your micro itl be fine.
I wasnt trying to ruffel feathers or whiskers.

When I put the 355 in my hands I fell in love right off :oops:

Just trying trying to figure out whats going on all of a sudden :roll:
Reguardless Ill keep my 335 :?
MIcro 335 GEN 2
Widow Maker/ Undertaker
Nchunterkw Strings
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

The sky is not falling. :lol: :lol:

You made a good choice if the Micro fills your needs. Others prefer the size and performance of a Matrix :wink: .That's where the word Choice comes into play. :D

If you look at my "Signature" you will see I have a Micro 335 as well as two Matrix models..... I'm happy with all three depending on the hunting conditions and game animals they will be used for.....

None are for SALE.
Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
mmc

Post by mmc »

I saw where ed traded his and anthony is conserding his under new gear. Also wildcaitter said hed never own another another under micro vs matrix
If I understood the context of Anthony's statement correctly then he is only fooling around with the idea that he needs another of the "latest and greatest" Excalibur model to try on... Look, the man has a handful already!

Wildcatter likes his Matrix bows more than he liked his Micro because the Matrix meets his individual needs and performance requirements better. His is an individual choice, just as mine was an individual choice, just as yours was an individual choice.

If every humans' needs and requirements were met with just one model we would ALL be shooting the same old Fred Bear Tigercat recurve or perhaps a longbow model preceding those!

I have a similar case of buyers remorse. Mine happened at the moment of sale after I had thoroughly tested a 405 and had made up my mind that the 405 was the best model of crossbow (for me) on the planet! In those final moments I decided to play for a life on a safer edge (because of limb failure rumors) and opted for the 380. That was a mistake... not because the 380 is a lessor model (this one shoots like the rail extends all the way to the target!), but because I didn't have the fortitude to stick with my well analyzed plan!

You have an opportunity to enjoy your Micro like no one else can. Show up with a good attitude and shoot the snot out of it every chance you get. Then come back here and explain to me in detail why you are convinced that it was a poor choice of equipment...
Current interest: VPA non-vented 125gr, 150gr, 175gr broadhead flight for long range
acreek

Post by acreek »

First, I think the Micro 335 Nightmare is the best looking crossbow out there. Second, it's an awesome bow for close quarter hunting. Third, it feels very solid at the shot. It's a fun bow to shoot and is highly effective. Hard to beat that combo.
wsisk

Post by wsisk »

L. E. Carroll wrote:The sky is not falling. :lol: :lol:

You made a good choice if the Micro fills your needs. Others prefer the size and performance of a Matrix :wink: .That's where the word Choice comes into play. :D

If you look at my "Signature" you will see I have a Micro 335 as well as two Matrix models..... I'm happy with all three depending on the hunting conditions and game animals they will be used for.....

None are for SALE.
Gene
Thanks gene
If they are not for sale would you give me the 380 biotch :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MIcro 335 GEN 2
Widow Maker/ Undertaker
Nchunterkw Strings
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Now i gonna tell ya sumpin, you like the Micro buy the Micro. Its a very good crossbow, i have Captain Morgan he is a deer killin Excal, zapped 5 of them tick toters last yr wid'em
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

wsisk wrote:
Normous wrote:

Read the post by mmc:
copy/paste
I saw where ed traded his and anthony is considering his under new gear. Also wildcatter said hed never own another another under micro vs matrix
Wildcatter never said I didn't think the Micro was a good bow, I said I like the bigger Matrix series better at 6'2" 285# might have something to do with it.

I also said a year ago the Micro 335 was the easiest bow to shoot offhand I ever owned. Don't read into what others say what ain't said!!

We have some that prefer the EXO Series and have no intent in owning the other two, I don't think that means I screwed up,,, I also don't think they did,,, :wink:

Enjoy yer new bow, the only thing I would suggest is have a couple more!!!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!