Hunt it, By Golly I think You're Onto Something

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hi5

Hunt it, By Golly I think You're Onto Something

Post by Hi5 »

On an earlier thread you made some favorable comments about a knife you like using. You pointed out how well the Outdoors Edge replaceable knife performed for you.

When I next travelled to the city, I picked one up and gave it to my friend on whose farm I had hunted elk this fall. That gave me a good chance to look it over carefully. At the time I bought it, the retailer had only the one model.

Next time I was in the city, I found the Outdoor Edge Pro model, and I bought it. It has the same replaceable blade system, but also a separate non-replaceable blade for cutting the belly hide and the membrane that holds the guts in place. Both blades lock. Both blades look to be well designed and strong, and were shaving sharp.

Those replaceable blades are sharp, right out of the package. However, I don't see me throwing any away when they get dull. They can be resharpened, I'm sure.

It would be a heck of a lot more convenient carrying one knife with 5 replacement blades than carrying more than one knife.

I have fancier knives and much more expensive ones, folders and fixed blade. It wouldn't surprise me though, if this one gets to be the one that gets carried. You know, just like the pair of hunting boots that aren't fancy, but just feel good when you're walking a lot.

Thanks for sharing your experience.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.