Two down in four trips

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

carperdoug

Two down in four trips

Post by carperdoug »

The 2016 Connecticut season is off with a bang or should I say twang. Two adult does using a new broad head; the Wasp Jak-X crossbow mechanical. First experience with a mechanical and not disappointed. Neither went over 60 yards.

My set up is the Matrix 355, 18" BE executioner arrows (Wyvern Creations), luminoc and 100 grain Wasp Jak-X broad heads. This is proving to be a deadly combo, very accurate, durable and reliable.
xcaliber

Re: Two down in four trips

Post by xcaliber »

Sweet, Congrats!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Congrats on the 2 tasty deer
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Congrats on the 2 fine eaters!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Congrats...
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
acreek

Post by acreek »

Well done. What were the shots like? Broadside, quartering, elevated, ground blind, right in the boiler room, a little forward into the shoulder?

I ask because I'm using 150 grain fixed blades on my stock Diablos now, but I shoot 100 grain tips on my Gold Tip shafts and I haven't selected which head I would shoot on that rig. Leaning towards Grim Reapers, possibly Ram Cats, but I might look into the Wasp.
carperdoug

Post by carperdoug »

acreek wrote:Well done. What were the shots like? Broadside, quartering, elevated, ground blind, right in the boiler room, a little forward into the shoulder?

I ask because I'm using 150 grain fixed blades on my stock Diablos now, but I shoot 100 grain tips on my Gold Tip shafts and I haven't selected which head I would shoot on that rig. Leaning towards Grim Reapers, possibly Ram Cats, but I might look into the Wasp.

I hunt from a ground blind; have for the past 10 - 12 years. One deer was perfectly broad side 25 yards, double lung, complete pass through. Went 50 yards. Still haven't found the arrow even with a metal detector. Dressd 143 lbs. The second one was a frontal shot at 20 yards. I normally pass that shot up. I wanted to see what this head, a 1 3/4 inch cut, would do. The blood trail was insane from the point of impact. The head penetrated the pelvis/hip bone, cracking the bone. Deer went about 35 yards. Dressed 128. The tip of the head is as sharp as from the package. Blades were not even slightly bent. Replaced the blades, head spun perfect. Very happy with the results and will definitely continue using this head.

Although this frontal shot was a great success I will pass it up in the future.

The Jak-X is a version of the Jak Hammer; a head that's been on the market for over 20 years and still a top rated head. Decided to try it. The Wasp Drone is a new fixed blade. The Drone in my setup is incredibly accurate to 60 yards. Exact same POI as my field tips and equal groups. I also like the Ramcat but Wasp is made right here in my home state..Connecticut.

Wasp products are definitely worth looking into.
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Congrats! Next time take a camera as we love pics!
:mrgreen:
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks