Ghost blind question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

Ghost blind question

Post by longbow joe »

I saw a ghost blind at cabellas and noticed a used one in the post. They intrigue me .I was wondering wouldnt the mirrors reflect a bright light in the wrong angle and produce a bright effect. Any one have any imput about these things?
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
hankenhunter

Re: Ghost blind question

Post by hankenhunter »

They are meant to lean forward to reflect the ground. If I had the spare cash, I would buy one in a heartbeat.
Hank
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

hankenhunter wrote:They are meant to lean forward to reflect the ground. If I had the spare cash, I would buy one in a heartbeat.
Hank

.....own one and HH is correct.....they lean forward by design....they are well made and they do work!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I love the idea, but dam they are expensive.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Bullzeye wrote:I love the idea, but dam they are expensive.

....yes they are...they work great....if the panels could be folded in half and were not as expensive, I believe they would be used a lot more because they work....I could see someone who owns property and does not have a long walk to the woods using it...It is highly portable (over short distances) and as I have said they do work....I could see the smaller version for turkey hunting being more practical from a carrying perspective!

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I wanted to try one out in the middle of a corn field that was just combined. Once the deer hear the combine leave the fields it does not take long before they go get supper, and I could picture myself sitting right there waiting for the deer to head towards me while I'm invisible. I almost made my own, there are a few homemade versions online, but I no longer have access to Mylar.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Bullzeye wrote:I wanted to try one out in the middle of a corn field that was just combined. Once the deer hear the combine leave the fields it does not take long before they go get supper, and I could picture myself sitting right there waiting for the deer to head towards me while I'm invisible. I almost made my own, there are a few homemade versions online, but I no longer have access to Mylar.
....come down to The People's Republic of New Jersey...you are welcome to borrow mine....and if you like it we could play, "let's make a deal!" :lol:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
JerseyJeff

Post by JerseyJeff »

Now you've got me thinking about buying one (for next year, this year's hunting gear budget has been seriously blown!). The one big question I've had about the Ghost Blind has been about sun glare, both at first light and late in the day.

Jeff
Matrix 355
Axiom
NRA
UBNJ
DU
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

JerseyJeff wrote:Now you've got me thinking about buying one (for next year, this year's hunting gear budget has been seriously blown!). The one big question I've had about the Ghost Blind has been about sun glare, both at first light and late in the day.

Jeff

JJ there is NO glare as the panel's are angled forward as they are not cut evenly at the bottom.....if you are in the Bergen County area you are more than welcome to stop over and see for yourelf!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
JerseyJeff

Post by JerseyJeff »

Thanks for the generous offer, Anthony, but I'm way down in swamps of Cumberland County. I do appreciate it, though. :D

Jeff
Matrix 355
Axiom
NRA
UBNJ
DU
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

JerseyJeff wrote:Thanks for the generous offer, Anthony, but I'm way down in swamps of Cumberland County. I do appreciate it, though. :D

Jeff
...how far are you away from Point Pleasant JJ?....I do venture down to my brother in laws house a few times a year and would gladly bring it with me and could even meet you? Just offering :wink:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Oh thanks i dont think i want one now there very interesting maby in about ten years when im older lol . In pa the stupid law says you cant use em for turkey you must be in a total blind what a crock a sh..... you know how lucky i am with the warden
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
JerseyJeff

Post by JerseyJeff »

amythntr wrote:
JerseyJeff wrote:Thanks for the generous offer, Anthony, but I'm way down in swamps of Cumberland County. I do appreciate it, though. :D

Jeff
...how far are you away from Point Pleasant JJ?....I do venture down to my brother in laws house a few times a year and would gladly bring it with me and could even meet you? Just offering :wink:

I'm about 75 miles from Pt. Pleasant, down by the Delaware Bay.

Jeff
Matrix 355
Axiom
NRA
UBNJ
DU
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

:shock: :shock: :shock: I am not even sure we can call that The People's Republic of New Jersey :lol: :lol:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings