Alternative to C-2 Crank

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

SEW

Alternative to C-2 Crank

Post by SEW »

This isn't what most will expect but consider if interested.
I'm almost 70, 5' 9". Own a 380,400,405. Rope cocking is doable but surely has to be back straining. I've used the C-2 at the range and to cock the Xbow to go hunting but take the rope to recock , if needed.
Gaston of DrStirrup is obviously an excellent engineer. His stirrup uses both feet, is angled for maximum vector optimization, keeps foot out of arrow path, allows both feet, and more importantly both legs to be used for cocking. His cocking rope allows the entire hand on the larger handle. The string holders (claws) are very robust and have rollers.
My technic: I shorten the DrStirrup cocking rope so it is 4-5" up the rail when the claws are on the string. I attach the claw on the left side, put the rope around the string grove at the back of the riser and pull the left handle up until I can engage the right string claw. Now there's only 5"-9" of travel depending on Excal model(Micro -BD). Now, the Xbow can be cocked any of 3 ways: 1) standard - just pull the handles up and cock it; 2) sit down and use a combination of arm pull and feet/leg push - much easier ; and 3), the easiest, but I usually use method #1. Sit down, hold the rope handles firmly towards you, i.e. pull back some, and use your leg extension to cock the Xbow.
This ease of cocking is just one of the advantages of using the intrically designed DrStirrup Kit .
I've found that the cocking effort is reduced to below that of the next lower poundage Matrix series. Haven't tried it on the Micro but expect the same results.
I've shown this system to 4 different archery store owners , who sell Excals - who'd want to go to an archery store that doesn't sell Excals?! - and all 4 are ordering at least 1 kit to have in stock.
I hope this helps someone who either didn't know about the DrStirrup products or were just wondering about them.
tremps01

Re: Alternative to C-2 Crank

Post by tremps01 »

Sew, I can confirm that I have the drstirrup on the Micro 335 and has the same results as you. I have a set of drstirrup's rubber bumper with over 2500 shot on it and they still like brand new.
The entire Dr Stirrup kit, make these bows quiet and reduce vibrations. I like to shoot up to 100 yards, like some members here we found a very high quality scope , good string, BEZ custom arrows, are very helping for accuracy. The next level to impact long distance accuracy for me is quieten and reduce xbow vibration. That's only my observations, maybe others has same result?

Marcel
Micro suppressor 355
Boo string force 10.
Drstirrup complete kit.
Marcel
Patcon

Post by Patcon »

I have done a lot of looking at the DrStirrup site, when you get the whole kit is it any cheaper or is it just the three prices totaled? I didn't see a kit price listed any where on the site. If there is no discount for the kit then I will probably buy them piece meal...
Charles
Excalibur Grizzly
SEW

Post by SEW »

Patcon wrote:I have done a lot of looking at the DrStirrup site, when you get the whole kit is it any cheaper or is it just the three prices totaled? I didn't see a kit price listed any where on the site. If there is no discount for the kit then I will probably buy them piece meal...
I've heard of good deals on eBay for the entire kit.
Patcon

Post by Patcon »

Thanks. I don't know why I hadn't thought of that. I guess I was thinking Gaston was sort of a single source
Charles
Excalibur Grizzly
drkeenan

Post by drkeenan »

Looks great however it interferes with my camera installed on the tac pac rail!!
Micro 355 - (Mortal Cause II)
Stock String
Black Eagle Executioner Bolts
Tact Zone Scope
NAP SpitfiresXXX - 100 gn
ATN Shot Trak Video Camera