adjusted hunting techniques to climate change?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vpsaline

adjusted hunting techniques to climate change?

Post by vpsaline »

How has climate change forced you to adjust your hunting techniques in recent years?

Fyi, I'm entering my third week of crossbow season soon and the RV will still have air conditioner on full blast in the afternoons, hunting Quebec, Canada.. Second week of crossbow season, and the deer seem to be staying glued to corn fields. There's barely any hoof prints in the wood trails where usually you can't keep count of them.
Micro_335 - Nikon Bolt XR - 15.5'' Zombies - Killzone 100GR
Matrix G340 - Nikon Bolt XR - Muzzy 100GR
mmc

Re: adjusted hunting techniques to climate change?

Post by mmc »

vpsaline wrote:How has climate change forced you to adjust your hunting techniques in recent years?
I harvest teevees, newspapers, magazines and other enslavement propaganda delivery systems now. What can't be shot (yet) are ridiculed to shame then simply ignored.
Current interest: VPA non-vented 125gr, 150gr, 175gr broadhead flight for long range
jefrohio

Post by jefrohio »

I sold my parka and pack boots, now I hunt in a thong and flip-flops :lol: The deer don't seem to mind but my hunting buddies want nothing to do with me :cry: Jefro
Matrimax
Ibex
Camx
Max point
Grizzly
Cub
sipsey

Post by sipsey »

I scouted my swamp last Friday in gym shorts and flip flops. That's kinda normal for Alabama this time of year. When the climate changes I'll pull on boots and long pants.
Exomax
Lumizone
Boo Trigger
Firebolts
125 Stricnines
mmc

Post by mmc »

Well, I have friends that I don't care to have around while I'm hunting, so.... where can I get some of those thongs and flip-flops in Treestand Camo?
Current interest: VPA non-vented 125gr, 150gr, 175gr broadhead flight for long range
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

uhhhhhhhh. High of 2 degrees C and snow flurries here tomorrow.
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
Flecha

Post by Flecha »

It's been different here in Mid-Atlantic USA. Deer don't seem to be wandering far - too much easy green browse? - and acorns just now started falling for real. One upside is that there's lots of ground cover still green and standing (I ground hunt) and the leaves have just started to fall, so walking is still pretty quiet.

This week looks to be a little cooler and I'm glad for it!
rayman

Post by rayman »

I moved a stand into a recently melted Florida glacier.
Ferguson Outfitters

Post by Ferguson Outfitters »

I pull my shoes off, sit with my T-shirt, and decide not to shoot because I don't wanna deal with flys and spoilage.

Still a great day though.

gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Last year and so far this year in Michigan above average temps through December, you sweat through Sept small game season and October you have to butcher deer within a day. no hanging to tenderize.
I shot a doe Oct 1st our opening day an Saturday morning got her hung in garage around 2:00 had to skin her and process the rib cage and neck that day. The front and hind quarters went in coolers filled with ice still in bags, suspended above ice on cutting boards. to be processed the next morning. Have to keep garage door closed the whole time to keep out flies.
Work day hunts are out unless you want to call off sick from work to butcher the next day.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Opey

Post by Opey »

In 2013 and 2014 Michigans UP had so much snow, a early and over extended winter that we did not even bother going to deer camp in 2015. The heard was almost destroyed in our area.