Swhacker Success/Failure

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wvnitroman

Swhacker Success/Failure

Post by wvnitroman »

I shoot factory Diablo's with 125gr. Swhacker's out of my Matrix 355. Last week I shot a buck that was slightly quartering toward me a 20yards. I intentionally shot it in the center of the left shoulder. I seen the arrow disappear and the deer went about 30 yards and dropped. Shooting out of a ground blind I figured my arrow was gone but to my surprise I found it. When I picked it up I instantly noticed the chisel point on my swhacker was broken off where it meets the body of the broadhead. Now mind you, it did exactly what it should have on the deer, complete pass through with a big exit wound. Still scratching my head if the tip broke inside the deer or if it hit a rock after going through which is very possible seeing how there are several rocks in that area. Anyhow, my experience with that particular swhacker.
vixenmaster

Re: Swhacker Success/Failure

Post by vixenmaster »

Thats hard to figure, i shot my 10 pt 2 weeks ago wid a swhacker 125gr n it didn't hit where i aimed at. So i did 2 things, pulled the red dot off my Vixen n put a varizone scope on it. Then i put 100gr Spitfires on my Diablos n its hittin correctly now
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
wvnitroman

Post by wvnitroman »

I don't have any issues with how they shoot as they do great.
Pickwick

Post by Pickwick »

I like good blood trails ending in dead animals if I make a good shot. If I get that, I like the broadhead. Also, If I get those results and the broadhead is damaged, Im quite ok with it as I live and hunt on top of a rock field it seems. If I get to use the head again its a bonus. I bet your Swhacker hit a rock on the backside of your shot to break it but that is just a guess.
I had a passthrough on a nice deer through the middle of the heart with a Swhacker a couple of weekends ago and, although I had a dead deer within 60 yds, I had no bloodtrail for the last 35 yds of that. I am going to try them again since I have quite a few of them left and there are numerous folks that swear by them. I am hoping I get a better bloodtrail next time.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

I never bro or bent a point on Buck in 53 years its always rock ..took hammer and pounded out point used again..