mentor youth hunt

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Buszone

mentor youth hunt

Post by Buszone »

Wisconsin holds its mentored youth hunt this week end and I have the privilege of hosting a father and his 10 year old daughter , I have the blind set up with chairs and lent them my Roger rsi in 243 which she shot his past weekend very well. Giving up a day bow hunting to help inspired the next generation is no biggy :D
They were not permitted to hunt on the property that the dad has hunted for the past 15yrs as the owners wife doesn't approve of a young girl hunting :?
I'm excited to hear the gun report and see a big smile on both Dad and her face. So hopefully something gives her a chance.
I'm manning the radio and ranger :)
335 Micro "THOR" as in "Thorin Oakenshield"
RamCat 125gr. AKA Battle Axe
NChunterKW Flemish String
15.5" Excalibur Dan Zombies
When it Flies something dies !
janesy

Re: mentor youth hunt

Post by janesy »

That's great. It's very important to encourage new people to take up hunting, fishing or just the outdoors.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Buszone

Post by Buszone »

Update this morning she had a spike at 20 yds and he got the slip on her ,but encouraged enough that they went back out tonight. Perfect evening as they already radioed 3 does were spotted but no shot opportunity. Gonna have frost again tonight things should start to really pick up. Rooting for the kids!
335 Micro "THOR" as in "Thorin Oakenshield"
RamCat 125gr. AKA Battle Axe
NChunterKW Flemish String
15.5" Excalibur Dan Zombies
When it Flies something dies !
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

Buszone wrote:Update this morning she had a spike at 20 yds and he got the slip on her ,but encouraged enough that they went back out tonight. Perfect evening as they already radioed 3 does were spotted but no shot opportunity. Gonna have frost again tonight things should start to really pick up. Rooting for the kids!
Good for you opening up your land for a youth hunt. Kudos, tip o the hat, and good karma etc. :D
Hank
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Awesome reading this Don, very nice of you Sir!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!