Why did you choose Excalibur?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BrotherRon

Why did you choose Excalibur?

Post by BrotherRon »

When I was ready to buy my first crossbow I did all the research I could by first reading every review I could find online. It boiled down to choosing between 3 crossbow manufacturers... Excalibur - TenPoint - and Kodabow.
After reading all the info I could on them, I settled on Excalibur because of their Lifetime Warranty, dependability, ease of maintenance, accuracy, and their variety to choose from. Then I joined this site to ask the members for their opinion on which model/size would be best for me. I got lots of advice and help from many members here, and it made my decision easier. :)
A special shoutout to justenough and 8ptbuk for their wisdom in helping me choose the one that would best fit my needs. Thanks to them I chose the Matrix 310 which is a pleasure to shoot all afternoon without wearing out my back. I later added a 330 to the list but sold it to my brother in-law when funds were tight after my wifes back surgery. I did replace it with another riser and a set of blemished limbs so that I can still have a little more speed and hitting power for hunting.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
SEW

Re: Why did you choose Excalibur?

Post by SEW »

Much the same as you. Primarily, I wanted consistency. Hit the same regardless of temp, how long since its been shot, etc. Wanted a Xbow that I could totally maintain myself. One that didn't become obsolete; rather, vintage. Reliability!!
I wanted a Xbow that real men shot, not girly men. :)
ROGER THAT

Post by ROGER THAT »

Started out crossbow hunting with a Barnett predator 375fps.
I really licked it but the weight was killing getting to my stand so after a search I found the matrix 380 after picking it up I new there was no going back and now 4 bows later ( just bought a grizzly ) I think I'm set for a while :D :D
>>====>
Work Hard Hunt Harder
Matrix 380 Xtra (Serenity)
Matrix 405 (cwn annwn)
Matrix Bulldog 400 (Acwellen)
Matrix Grizzly (Armel)
Micro 355 (Siofra)
Brad32

Post by Brad32 »

Got sick of, serving, cam timeing weight and speed is overrated, .i can take the string off and reserve and be out shooting in
15 minutes, got to love that.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Back in the fall of 1991 I visited the Outdoor Sportsman Show in Toronto, it was my first but not last visit to that show.

I had seen Excalibur's crossbow add in the Outdoor Canada magazine a couple times and I had no idea they were build nearby in Ontario.

When I saw Excalibur's booth that day I quickly headed in that direction. The pleasant fellow asked me if I wanted to shoulder his crossbow, I did!
That man was CEO Bill Troubridge, a name that I would become very familiar with to this day. Bill is a true sportsman that I would later learn to admire and very much enjoyed listening to. His willingness to share hunting stories always kept me amused.

Bill spent the next 20 minutes of his time with me explaining many of the characteristics of the new Exocet 165. He informed me safety, how to cock and load a crossbow, the best arrows to use, broadheads and basically all the good stuff I needed to know as a crossbow beginner.

I asked his to suggest a good place to purchase one and thanked him. Two day later I owned my first crossbow.

As a beginner I had a lot more detailed questions and a call to the Excalibur factory resulted in a invitation by Bill himself, it was one of many visits to the factory over the last 25 years. I was lucky to be able to pick his brain on occasion.

Back in 97 or 98 I even met Bill at the side of the road during a summer groundhog hunt. He is the only other person that I know who owns a Custom made .17 Ackley Hornet. I found out we both have the same interest in very accurate small caliber varmint rounds.

Today, I really want to thank Bill for giving me the best crossbow tool to harvest game and fill my freezer to feed myself, family and friends. I shoot Excalibur because of the memorys it has created for me.
Thank-you!
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Patcon

Post by Patcon »

I wanted to hunt bow season to extend my deer season by a few more weeks. I wanted a bow that I could shoulder and hit the target I want at a reasonable distance without hours and hours of practice. I also wanted a bow with simple, minimal maintenance, and bullet proof, that means Excalibur...
Charles
Excalibur Grizzly
janesy

Post by janesy »

In my area, I can't think of anyone who doesn't shoot Excalibur.
Canadian made, bullet proof. Pretty simple choice.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
gunboy203

Post by gunboy203 »

Looked at some of the other brands out there and compared them all. Excalibur was by far the best of the bunch. Hard to beat the performance, quality and warranty of the Excalibur.
Rather-B-Huntin

Post by Rather-B-Huntin »

Simplicity and warranty primarily. Was so impressed with my first Excalibur I became a dealer.
Last edited by Rather-B-Huntin on Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE HUNTER'S ZONE
Best Deals on Excalibur Crossbows and Accessories in the Eastern USA!!! Check us out on Facebook!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Gee i have to go back 20 yrs when i got disabled. Weren't no Internet nor did i have a Computer til 2004. I read what i could, called some Dealers in the Crossbow States. So the compounds were out fer me, i couldn't afford a press n crossbow too! I bought a new 1996 Excal Exocet 165 wid carved tip limbs n rope cocker n several extra strings. Few dz 2217's n i was on my way :D
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
galamb

Post by galamb »

Although Excalibur has been around for about 30 years now, I wasn't initially familiar with the brand.

I was a fan of recurve crossbows going back to my first one. Over the years I owned two Horton's.

When the second needed retiring, Excalibur was a known name, at least in the Canadian market and they were the only company that offered some "variety" in the recurve styles. The fact (for me) that they were a Canuck company was just an added bonus.

But being totally honest, they were my choice because they produced what I was looking for at a price I was willing to pay.
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I suffer from some crazy form of dysfunction. I study stuff you don't need to know. I waffled for 9 months about which crossbow to buy, listened to my Stupid Friends that had other brands, watched hours of Youtube videos, and read more reviews than i care to say. Then I went looking for forums to speak of their brands, and this forum seemed to me to be the most loyal brand members you could find. Soooo, I went to shoot the model i wanted, and then the model below it in terms of power, and took that one home. I abused it, hunted with it, and abused it some more. Damn thing held up, and now I'm on number 5 Excalibur, and have nothing bad to say about any model I've owned. Their are features, and components that I'm not in love with, but the Excalibur Manufactured Crossbow is top notch 100%. Couple that with a no hassle, 100% got your back warranty, and proof of it here on this forum, well you don't need a PHD in Arithmetic to figure out what the best dollar for dollar value is!
Oh yeah, these things are accurate, and deadly! :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
mfh

Post by mfh »

For me...it is warranty, ease, self service and accuracy. They will all work, but with Excalibur you only have to visit a shop once - to buy it. After that its all self service until something breaks...and then its a simple email, explanation of the problem...and a few days later, they send you what you need and what you can fix buy yourself.
mmc

Post by mmc »

I didn't choose Excalibur... my brother bought a couple Excals and hunted with them. I liked what I saw and began to read and study. A few years later and now I am an owner too.

I like the limbs more than anything (I can build or alter any part on a crossbow myself, except for those good limbs) and so that is where I base most of the value. The limb warranty and the people standing behind those limbs insure that I'll buy Excalibur again.
Current interest: VPA non-vented 125gr, 150gr, 175gr broadhead flight for long range
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

Got interested in crossbows about 8 years ago, finally bought a crossbow, a cheap Chinese one, fell in love of the thought of having one and shooting one, but it wasn't very accurate and definitely not one I would trust hunting with to make a killing humane shot. Did alot if research and found Excalibur. So glad I did!! My first one was the axiom. Loved it!!! Accurate and so easy to learn on. Then one of the best things happened, I joined this forum and met so many great people!!! Since then, my wife now love's crossbows too.now we have four of them!!! Kind if funny, I kinda of owe it to a cheap Chinese crap crossbow!!! :D
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.